Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Look for lane guidance N. Hampshire and Berkshire

pugwash

Country Flag
uk
Hi guys,

Looking to run a small new years laning trip around N Hants and Berks - can anyone give any tips to some good lanes please? could even go further south, or north, but could do with some pointers. Am trying to avoid the plain as we've been there SO much!

have access to both trailwise and memory map, but its finding the ones that are an interesting or pretty drive that is the key!

any help appreciated

Thanks

Jim

I have lived in Berks for 10 years and most if not all the lanes that i know have either been taken over by walkers and horse riders to the point where they have been closed offor blocked to 4x4's for so long they would take weeks to clear.

I can honestly say that i dont know of a single lane in Berkshire.

Surrey would be your best bet to be honest i know there are some lanes that way.

There is the Ridgeway, part of which lies West Berks. Part (not all) of it was open to vehicles, dont know if it still is. tbh I found the part I drove a little boring - very flat and straight, and it was foggy when I did it, which is quite a while back.

iirc the Ridgeway is part of a national trail.

Yep, it is: http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/ridgeway/

Hi Guys,

Should have said,

doesn't have to be Berkshire- just anywhere east of the plain really (as we've all done the plain to death now!)

Thanks

James

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Latest Total Off Road (TOR) ha s a lane up north Hampshire. :thumbup:

Back