Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking for a ECU 89661-60250 for my baby! 70 SERIES

Fishertibia

Country Flag
dominican_republic
I had this bad boy sitting in my house for so long and it's all because of not having the proper ECU which is the ECU 89661-60250. I have seen a few for sale at eBay but I'm wondering if anyone has come up with any other alternative or compatible ECU (if there's any). If anyone knows anywhere else that I could order this ECU (besides those listed on eBay) please get in touch with me! Thank you so much in advance guys!

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0050.jpg
    IMG_0050.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 37
@karl2000 Oh man I really wish it had its old ECU, but instead, it has a wrong ECU that was probably swapped a long time ago at a random mechanic workshop, so it has been a real pain to get one of those ECU. That's why I'm looking for all the possible alternatives to solve this, SEND HELP! JAJAJ I was so excited to get my hands into this project :hearteyes:

Oh well, I think things just got worst because all the ECU listed on eBay are from Russia. I don't think it's possible to order any of those, does anyone have an idea where I could order this ECU? any help would be very appreciated.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have one but am not sure if I want to sell it. Is your truck manual? From the pictures your truck looks identical from factory as my rotten one was.

OH my god! please my man Im struggling to find one here! Mine is automatic. Please let me know If you are willing to sell it so we can get in touch :weary::blush: @Iwan

Ahh mine is a manual ecu.. there are auto surfs kzn and auto kzj 90 series... the ecu's are very early tec, so maybe they hold the answer,

Good luck with your quest.

@tonytoyota has an auto kzj95 ecu possibly worth plugging in? Would have the same connections.....

Ahh, Thank you so much! I'll try whatever it takes to make this thing work/run again !

A little update:
After doing some research here and there, I found out that some people manage to get a similar ECU which is the 9717580-129-7 by denso. As far as I know, is the same ECU as 89661-60250 and should get the job done, so I bought one of these 9717580-129-7 ECU (which the seller said it was for a 2lt engine) and bought it anyway as I thought that would be no problem based on other people results.

I plugged the ECU and it seems that the ECU can detect and control almost everything as it should but the only problem is that it cranks but it won't start... So I'm wondering if the ECU (9717580-129-7) may be defective (maybe some capacitors leaks?) or maybe it actually doesn't work for the 3lt engine (but that kinda doesn't make sense since this guy manage to have great results: Looking for ECU for my KZJ 78 - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club] ). At this point, I don't know what should I do next.

If anyone could tell what could be causing the problem it would be great.
Here are some pics of the 9717580-129-7 I bought:
2018dc7a-dc60-4d46-8696-9f210ba66867.jpg

Does your 70 have an immobiliser?

When I replaced the ECU on my 120 (for a test) it wouldn't fire up until I synced the ECU with the immobiliser...

This is how I resync'd it on the 120, I know the same thing works on other models, so fingers crossed.

The socket he's shoving pins into is the OBD socket, hopefully your vehicle has one.....

@karl2000, unfortunately, I do not have an immobilizer so it's kind of game over for now... It's funny how I see that people swab the engines and automatic pumps to manual ones all the time and I still can't find any ECU 89661-60250 for sale... I wonder if they just toss them in the trash or collect them like baseball cards :tearsofjoy:

The only real way to go is to use a mechanical diesel pump inplace of the electronic diesel pump.

Best way forward, I used a daihatsu fourtrack fuel pump on my kzj71 and said goodnight to the ecu altogether.

Have you tried buying it from japan? The probabilities of finding one there are greater even secondhand

I don't think they have a market for second hand cars or parts in Japan, when they reach a certain age they have to come off the island, thats why we were swamped with jap import 4x4's some years ago and hence various jap imports now.

To be honest, I don't know how to search it in japan, someone a long time ago told me about yahoo auctions japan but I have no luck finding one for sale at the moment @Sabilco13 @Tractionman ... If any of you know about some legit seller or jdm import that could get me one please share the contact info :cry::sweatsmile:... I met a lot of people stuck in the same place as I am right now

Hi Tractionman.

I don’t think that is the case. In fact the old LC are selling like hot cakes in Japan and there are some that are even more expensive than a brand new Toyota.

Fishertibia the only problem of buying from japan yahoo auctions is that you need to be in japan or have a Japanese telephone number to register but for a price this company can do all the bidding for you and send it to you.

blog.beforward.jp/auto-parts/be-forward-auto-parts-yahoo-auction-service.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=ML2021102141505125a&utm_content=PartsSitePartsWeb&utm_campaign=20211021_PartsSitePartsWeb_YahooAuction

I hope it helps.

Back