Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

looking for an intercooler

• Thread starter LandCruiser1978
  • Start date
Hi Guys looking for a intercooler for my 80 series. Been quoted 740 plus VAT for the system from Allisport.

Does the system reduce the life of the engine in anyway and really make a justified difference?

Also I was advised to get a pre-set fuelling cam for the pump which sorts out all the fiddling out of getting the right flow for the system. Does anyone have experience on this?

If correctly installed, it shouldn't affect the longevity of the engine that much.

If tuned correctly you should be able to get 20-30% increase in power and torque.

Going for a modified fuelling cam will help, but you still really need to get the pump tuned properly to get the most out of the system.

Was told around 30-40 bhp improvement in power gains. The kit looks good but it is not cheap. Here in Cyprus the weather is hot 9 months of the year. Are intercoolers good for the engine for cooling or is this a myth? :thumbup:

In theory it does, but only if you tune the pump properly. If you run it too rich you will end up with a hotter engine than you started with.

Well for all you 12v boys you now stand a chance against a 24v ...

My friends 12v now has an Allisport cooler 3inch exhaust and modified fuel pump and is running 1.2bar boost Total cost for all these mods £2000

My 24v only has a stainless exhaust and blanked egr

Kind of raced him on a private runway from the lights to 110mph they were the same side by side all the way

I guess you friend's 12 valve wasn't tuned properly :)

A well tuned intercooled 12 valve will always beat a well tuned standard 24 valve.

As for the exhaust, the 3" is only worth it with a 3" dump pipe, with out it you only really need to go to 2.5" or just cut out the main box and replace with a straight through.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back