Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Loss of power engine management light on

Thanks for that
I took into The Hallam Brothers in Hayfield North Derbyshire. They were very obliging checked out the connections, cleaned both switch and sensor for next to nothing. Price of a drink. Its a case of suck and and see now. But ill keep you all posted

Sounds like a plan. I too use Costco diesel and had the same issue when having to use poorer quality diesel last week. Filled up with Costco again and the problem seems to be gone, but clearly there is an underlying gremlin that’s reacting somewhere …

Sounds like it is pulling air into the fuel. Are the fuel pipes ok or corroded?

The problem seemed to be the TPC throttle position control sensor. It was these electrical connections which cleaned and seemed to cure the problem

Kieron, did it ever happen again or once you cleaned the electrical conections for the TPC senson the problem never happned again, I have a similar situation with a 2003 Land Cruiser and I can not find the problem and it is happening more often.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Once the connections were cleaned the problem never occurred again and that was several thousand miles ago now . I'd recommend you do this first if your symptoms were the same as mine ,before spending a fortune. The throttle assembly is about ,£1300 on it's own ...crazy . Please let me know how you get on

Back