Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

low mileage 100, under or well priced?

Stanstorey

Can't post link as i'm not "qualified" enough :lol:
It's item number:

am potentially looking to replace a D3 and a 100 seems to fit the bill rather well...

As we all know the engine is not the problem on most landcruisers so dont let the low milage excite you too much even though it would seem to be very low for its age. So long as the owner has the MOT's to support the milage then you need to check when/if the timing belt has been changed along with the waterpump, tensioner and a few other bits that should be done whilst in there. The owner might tell you that it only needs doing at 90000 miles but if its been looked after it should have been done already because of its age. If not and you get MrT to do the job you are in for £1600 or there abouts. If you do it yourself its your time and about £450.

Apart from any obvious leaks and split rubber in the engine bay have a good look at the stearing rack for wheeping as once again it can be costly and a PITA to replace/repair.

One thing to consider on the earlier 100 series is "softer" fibre washer that was used in the torque converter which is prone to failure and a known weak point. Some go early some go late but the general consenses it that it costs alot to repair.

That aside you have the usual rust spots to look for.

I see its in Slough I think which is around the corner from me so happy to take a look with you if you want.

Last edited:
That's a very kind offer and very much appreciated.
appears the land cruiser has done 100k miles over the weekend tho:lol:

Well it sounds like the seller is a shady person, for not putting up the correct miles in the first place.
For that reason,. I wouldn't even think about buying it..

If he had said for example 200,000 miles from the beginning, then fine, it would have been worth looking at, but for the act of deceit, I wouldn't bother.

Gra.

I wouldn't let myself be put off because the seller didn't list the true mileage , its hard to sell anything nowadays so i'd be inclined to think it was a little white lie to make people stop and look at his ad . DFS has had a 50% sale on since the day it opened 20 odd years ago - Buy one get one free - etc etc its all just lies and gimmicks to encourage you to take a look at whats on sale . The seller was honest enough when asked for the true mileage and we all know a 200k landcruiser is just as good as a 100k once its had a full service .

So if its a fair price and you can get it down enough to cover the cost of a full Toyota service you might end up with a bargain .

Last edited:
Back