Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Low Profile fridge freezers

Bmonck

Supporter
Country Flag
england
Hello all
I am about to put in a new fridge freezer. I have a read a bunch of threads on here and elsewhere.
I currently have a Nat Luna weekender 52 which I have to say has served us well on a number of trips.
What I really like and want to do again is
- have two compartments , one as a freezer and one as a fridge
- ideally something around 50-55 liters capacity. We are doing some long trips and anything below 45L wont work for the remote bits.

It seems Nat Luna dont offer a low profile fridge. I need to be as low as the cabinet /seats in the back.
So what I do need is something that is lower i.e. less than 500mm. It seems that the only two options in Low Profile are a Snomaster and Dometic.

Does anyone know other good makes that offer low profile?
Any at around 50-55 liters?
Any good ideas on where to buy them - many suppliers in the UK seem to be out of stock on the Snomasters and expected new deliveries are a bit uncertain.

So balancing all the goals and constraints it seems the Snomaster LP66D is the best bet. It is bigger than I really want but it is low profile and two separate compartments.
But as always open to ideas and suggestions from LCC members.
thanks 1616508309046.png

I'm in a similar position as regards space and the best use of it. I have a Nat Lunatic 50L weekender which is 40 fridge and 10 freezer. I'd like a little more freezer but not at the expense of the fridge. If space wasn't an issue then I'd go with that Snomaster above. But height is critical for me and the Nat is the only unit which will fit under my trailer door. But more recently I came across the Dometic Twin CFX3 dual zone 75. I need to do some measuring but it looks like a possibility. Unfortunately since I first looked the price seems to have rocketed. At only 472 mm high it's pretty low profile.

Hi Chris
agreed on a recent sudden change in prices - poor timing on my part!
I looked at the Dometic and it is a possible choice. It is low profile and comes in a reasonable size/capacity without getting too big.
The only downside i can see is that it is not dual compartment but only one. Workable but not ideal. BTW the Snomaster has two lids too so that will help keep the freezer cold on a normal day.
But height is the KEY CRITERION so I may yet go the Dometic route..
cheers

No the one I am looking at is most deff dual zone with two lids. You can run either or both as you wish. Fridge or freezer.

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 17.29.11.jpg

Back