Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LSD rebuild?

Brecht

Country Flag
belgium
Hello everyone,

My 2002 9p (D4D) has an lsd at the rear, but the car has 325000km on it. I guess the lsd is worn completely... So I was thinking, what is the best option? Rebuilding the lsd (if there is a kit for it) of just looking for an aftermarket rear locking diff?

Anyone has experience with this?

Thanks in Advance!

Mine has 398,500km and it still activates OK. I recently got new tyres and have not heard it since, so I think that helps. I'm guessing that replacing the LSD clutch packs means a full rebuild of the rear axle.

Mine has 398,500km and it still activates OK. I recently got new tyres and have not heard it since, so I think that helps. I'm guessing that replacing the LSD clutch packs means a full rebuild of the rear axle.
Yeah I think it's a lot of work to search for all the parts. Haven't really tested the lsd yet. It still might work since i've bought my 90 last year from the first owner.

I had a KZJ70 with the LSD rear. When it wore out I had it rebuilt, it is just a series of clutch plates… but when it wore out again I replace it with a locker and wish I’d done that first time around, For cost etc Ikd go with replacing it with a locker.

For me it used to activate on faster tighter corners, Eg.coming off a main road onto a side street.

Also tighter faster manoeuvres in car parks especially pulling out of a space turning 180degrees. If that doesn't work maybe lower the tyre pressures on one side but you'd only want to do that for a limited time for test purposes.

Back