Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LSPV setup service

Trevor

Country Flag
england
We can take the guesswork out of setting up brake biasing through the LSPV, particularly useful after a suspension lift. This is done using the Toyota brake pressure gauges to set the optimum adjustment front to rear for £80.

This service can be applied to all Toyotas with LSPV.

74FB63D3-B915-464C-803E-4870C13258C1_zpsccrfrrs6.jpg

It's probably a dumb question but if i were to get this set now would it need to do it again after fitting a winch bumper ?

If you're changing the weight either end by a large degree then I'd wait until you've made those changes, unless you've already made prior changes and braking is no longer feeling efficient/safe.

BigUp Trevor & Ed (TrEd):thumbup:

I was a little concerned about my brakes, during a recent outing in Wales I discovered my recently serviced brakes were a bit pants, the travel was too near the floor stop for my liking (like 2mm from the stop) and performance was not what I was expecting. Prior to this trip I'd had the brake fluid flushed and new pads in already (after reading Mal, one of the previous owners, had boiled the brakes in the Alps; and me not being impressed with the brakes generally)

TrEd discovered the LSV was not working at all, with the extra weight of heavy duty bumpers, the overland fit out, and the recent EFS lift kit, it needed a serious looking at.

TrEd fabricated an extension mounting for the operating lever mount to compensate for the lift, then balanced the brake bias with their new Toyota pressure kit. (I know there was swearing involved as I've seen the blood on the new LSV:lol:)

The results?

I did a few miles test drive with Trevor, much better, but not a propper test, even tho Trevor left nose marks on my windscreen when I forgot to warn him of impending emergency stop from about 40MPH :oops: "they work then" :laughing-rolling:

I've now done about 100 miles weighted up with all my tools RTT and usual weekend camping gear, all I can say is how impressed I am, it's made a HUGE HUGE difference, so much so I reckon what I was driving before was illegal. Brakes are much harder, and noticably much more effective, ITRO 25-35% better, I can press as hard as I like and the pedal stops about 20mm higher too.

Cheers lads, Brilliant :clap:

Trevor and I were talking about this at the show today and he said he'd be interested to check my pressures done in the forward / reverse braking mode against the book values. It would be interesting. Anyway, on the way out of the show past the airport, some eejit decided to stop dead to turn right without indicating. I had to go full condition 3 emergency brakes. I didn't mess about I can tell you. I could see claim forms flashing before my eyes. How did the brakes perform, on a fully loaded truck? Spot on. Under control, no drama. Didn't quite lock as it was a dry road, but never felt as though I wasn't going to stop. If we can improve on that then I'd be all for it

I reckon with your level of experience Chris you'd have kept tweaking until it felt right, behaved right, and you were confident with them; if you'd drove my truck before it was sorted I think you may have chucked the keys back at me with a few choice words :lol:

It would be interesting to see your test results, but I bet there's nowt in it given the attention to detail and testing you carried out. I have nowhere near the required experience for that malarky, if I didn't "know" it was set right I'd still have a niggling doubt in my mind :oops:

I think it was be worth it for piece of mind, even if TrEd had said it was spot on and I was being a big girl, I'd still be glad I got it checked; otherwise I'd never really know, and that doubt would still be with me in the Alps this summer, which is not a nice thought :laughing-rolling:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This something that I would like to do too even though my brakes are fairly decent after last year's overhaul. Finding the time is going to be my main issue in the next few months.

Pete, I agree absolutely. The difference is really that my brakes were fine. I just lifted the truck and reset the balance back again by feel. I know about the deal with your LSPV, Trev was on the phone more than once.

Which reminds me I need to get my invoice in ....

Back