Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

M.O.T advisories

Zeusv8

Well I'm happy to say that Zeus passed its M.O.T with only a few niggly advisories!!
Rear anti roll bar bushes have slight play. Where's a good place to get these?
Lower ball joint boot damaged but not allowing ingress of dirt. Is there such a thing as a replacement gaiter? Had a look but didn't see specific ones for lc's.
Both front bearings have slight play but only slight. Is this a simple tighten up or bit more technical?
Ta much for any help

Re track rod end ball joints, yes you can just buy generic boots (not specific to LC) pop them on and locking wire them in place - jobs a good 'un. Wheel bearings may be okay and just need re-packed and torqued up, but difficult to tell until you get into them. Anti-roll bar bushes - not sure - you tried Milners and Camskill?

Lower ball replacement boot: 43345-69015 (up to 10/2004)

As I understand it, different garages have different standards when it comes to anti roll bar bushings. Example: at age 4, my LC had an mot and the tester said the arb bushings where worn - had to be replaced - but not too bad yet, so I'll let it pass. Two years later - different garage - I asked the mot'er specifically about the arb bushes. He said they where not much worn, and in any case that wouldn't fail the car.!
What's the situation on the island - these are standard/common EU-rules, right?

Last edited:
Back