Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Main dealer to avoid :(

wobbly

Garage
Well, I'm looking to buy a new truck.

Accountant tells me I need a commercial, as its 100% tax deductible in year 1, then 18% depreciation per year, so is a very good way of buying a vehicle.

So, thats swung thing towards a Hi-lux.

Quadcab isnt entirely for me, but the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Went up to Motorline in Bristol, Toyota franchise, 2 weeks ago, made arrangements to return yesterday to drive demonstrator. Confirmed its all sorted out on Monday, as its an hour drive for me.

The next is sadly predictable :(

Turned up at arranged time, no-one knew I was coming, mainly 'cos the salesman I was meeting has gone out.....but then, there was no point in him being there, as the demonstrator is away somewhere else :icon-evil:

Lady on the front desk was really nice, others were disinterested at best

Apparently a message was left for me an hour before to say it was all cancelled, but you wont be shocked to here there was no message on my mobi or on home phone.

So, will be going down to Somerset County cars in Taunton (who are my closest dealer, but I normally go to Bristol on a Thursday each week) on Monday for a test drive.

In the meantime, tried the new Ranger, bounced around like a palanquin.

Also - VW Amarok, which would be a 100% cert if it wasnt for the hefty pricetag, still a strong contender.

Pete

I find it incredible, you have 1000's to spend and the car trade is supposed to be at an all-time low due to the depression, and you get treated like that. We had the same problem, "where's the sales team, we want to spend thousands of Euro" reply, "dunno, around here somewhere" and they weren't, so we left.

Go to a shop for some screws, and likely the guy will spend 15 minutes making sure they're the right length and diameter for the job, and such, for a matter of a few quid.

It doesn't make sense, they're not on their own, but car dealers are the worst offenders, it seems.

Gosh, if I was a sales manager, that guy would be roasted for tea! I spent 17 years selling machine tools for a living and the horror stories I heard from customers regarding salesmen from other co's were amazing :)

Hope you have a better experience at the next dealer.
I am enjoying my Hilux invincible it's been great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just described 70% of our sales team!! Oddly enough the 30% are the guys that shift a lot of units and make the most money, funny how that works out!!

Been having similar problems with spending money. Trying to get someone to quote for a high ropes course have over 100k to spend. rang 10companies and left messages none actually picked up straight away. 1 rang back very shocked.
What is going on in this country.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
froggy - the sales manager was the disinterested guy I mentioned......

Ive spoken to County cars, am going down for a drive on Monday, they have a demonstrator and a 2nd hand one in.

Back