Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Manual for 93 FZJ80 Alarm?

Aaron93LC

Country Flag
united_states
Seems the previous owner pulled the horn fuse. I didn't realize why until I put it back and set the alarm. Damn near soiled myself when the horn sounded. I have flipped the dash switch to "horn defeat" and so it now arms silently, but I am concerned that this will also cause the horn not to sound in the event that the alarm actually goes off. Is this the case, or does it just stop the horn from sounding when you lock or unlock the doors?

Also, I looked under the drivers seat and found the glass breakage sensor, but I thought there was supposed to be something there that would allow you to set the time delay for the self arming. Was I incorrect on this, or is something missing on my truck?

Sorry for all the newbie questions, I'll catch up quickly I hope!

Thanks!

Oops! I forgot the main part of my question. Is there a separate manual for the security system or is it covered somewhere in the owner's manual that I have just missed so far? It's a stock system with a two button remote with the Toyota logo on it. The top button locks/unlocks the doors and sets the alarm and I have no idea what the bottom button does.

There were different versions of alarm fitted according to market destination so they usually had a separate manual. From your description it could be a RS3000 or it could be one of the TVSS variants. If it's the RS3000, by default, the bottom button is not used for arming/disarming but can be programmed to do so. AFAIK the exit delay is fixed at 15 secs but the entry delay can be set to 5, 15 or 30 secs.

Thanks for the info. I did find a manual for the RS3000, and the remotes are a ringer for mine. I'll give one of the programming options a try and see if it does what it's supposed to do. Wish me luck!

Well, It's apparently not a RS3000. I tried several of the programming options and they had no effect at all.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That has a completely different entry into programming mode than the other one did. I'll give it a try as soon as my kiddos are up and fed. Thanks for the hint!

Whoops! I tried entering the programming mode and it set off the panic feature. The neighbors scowled, the children laughed, I move on with a grin. I guess it's not one of those either. Mine has the horn defeat/valet switch next to the LED. I'll look around Slee and see if they have a manual for something similar. Thanks so much for your try though!

Back