Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Manual or Auto

Chris Green90

Garage
Country Flag
england
After having a good long think about exactly what my needs now are, I have decided that I am going to be greedy...I'm having another collie. LWB this time Preferably in the "Wrong" Colour.

I only have one question Manual or Auto. I love the 1KZ engine so it will be on of those (Plus D4D Not really in price range). I have a manual now and don't find it tiresome to drive, but miss cruise control a little. But After having a surf with the 1kz engine and suffering a cracked head am I wrong in thinking that an auto puts much greater strain on the cooling system.

Or am I being silly and shouldn't worry about it.

Why would you think of a gearstick, just something else to do :? :?

Chris dont rule out a V6 on Gas, I am getting about 18 to the gallon and at 66.9ppl its far cheaper than an oil burner to run and more refined, plus tis a bit quicker

Stick really not an issue for me, I get on well with it.

I'm on my 3rd 1KZ, so know them pretty well now Plus had a V6 Shogun on gas and had no end of problems. Single point system ended up scrapping it.

I have a Auto and they are lovely to drive, and when in traffic and stuff it is so much easier to drive than if you have a manual.

Yes, They do put a bit more strain on the cooling system but once you have a good radiator you should be fine.

If you are still worried then mods like a inter cooler, lower temp thermostat or maybe a separate auto cooler can get the car running smoother, more powerful and cooler.

Autos are very common so more likely you will get one.

Back