Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Many thanks to Roy Duffy of 4X4obsession.co.uk for a great weekend

We continued and I took the lead only to go up a lovely track where we had to turn round so we then followed roy, I didnt even get into the track he got up as something happened to Shayne.... oh dear
20200125_110322.jpg 20200125_141602.jpg 20200125_142559.jpg 20200125_145719.jpg

After a wheel change roy took a wee jog down a track we were next to checking for any dodgyness and I took the lead again, there was a bit of a drop off and my rear bumper took a hit, bo damage but I think this is where shayne lost his side step trying to avoid it (not sure)then there was a tricky corner, I'll see if my wheel arches are in fact after I've washed the truck.20200125_152152.jpg
It was at this point that things got a little interesting, another big rock in the road needed avoiding and I just made it round, shayne not having working lockers however got into a bit of a position where the only way he could move was into a tree so....20200125_155400.jpg 20200125_155408.jpg
A strap, winch extension and 2 pulley blocks got him back into the ruts, is that an auto saving you Shayne? :)20200125_155409.jpg
Roy was injured during the recovery, think a twig scratched him, delicate sole20200125_155840.jpg
And just before we left the sight20200125_164738.jpg 20200125_181616.jpg
Fajitas for dinner followed by an ice cream :)
20200125_183611.jpg 20200125_184444.jpg 20200125_192659.jpg
So I'd bought an electric blanket, camping in January n all and whilst throwing the extension lead up into the tent unsuccessfully it attacked me!
20200125_222238.jpg

Think you have the location right where I lost my side step it was a stump that took out the brackets , the step itself popped off rather unscathed :think: maybe it needs to be bigger
E2F7B4DC-D1DF-493A-8269-010721DC1026.jpeg

And look what I found

3B001977-3743-42D8-8146-E83CAE55E9E6.jpeg

This one obviously goes here but I’m left with a spare plug , is this just typical Toyota one loom fits all because I’m damned if I can find any place to plug it in ?

9AC686B2-1BD8-473F-A04F-02DBB8EC3402.jpeg

UK spec 80 Amazon so manual of course .

So does that mean you're centre works now?

16498DC9-8EDA-4DD6-BE58-F4F0A45805DD.jpeg

Rear won’t lock but I only got 5 minutes back and forth in the lane before daughter turned up , she had been stopped by police for no brake lights . A quick look now shows a very flimsy 2 pin connector on the rear actuator which looks ok as does everything else so deeper investigation needed perhaps if I can’t get it to lock on tarmac

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Great Pics and story line Nick/Shayne.. Keep em Coming.. I found The same plug on my 12v as you mention and i asked the same question... I think the response was 'Yes its a spare, 0r for different gear boxes Or locking or not locking CDL.. And when i had new tyres on the 24v The old valves were so long you could trip over them I just asked my tyre man to fit extra short Stubby ones.. Seems you had a great Time...:thumbup:

Gonna look at all the vids later....

I think I’ve got a spare plug too in that area, I’ve also unplugged the auto CDL that kicks in when in LO, it’s great to be able to run in LO with open diffs.

That the lock-out light doesn't go solid doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not locked. None of mine have ever shown the lock-out on the dash, but all 3 of them work.

The detent switch on my rear locker that sends the signal back to the dash has dissolved so that might have something to do with why the rear lock-out light doesn’t work....

I looked at the flush valves Clive and decided not worth the aggro until i have air on board permanently so i can leave the valve in . I forgot to bring my T-max on this trip .

The recovery revealed 2 of my 4 shackles were also left home in the shed , but all in it makes a strong case for two sets of snatch block , shackles , tree strops , ropes and straps to live permanently in a tailgate cubby . I'm not sure what the other guys carry but perhaps only because there was 3 trucks did we have enough equipment .

And i can see how a switch allowing for low and unlocked might be useful where you drive but for me its a low priority maybe someday thing .

And yes it was fun , as always pics and vids don't do it justice but dare i say Helen's giggleometer suggests it would be even more fun in my 90 , a canoe in the rapids V a ship in the swell if you get what i mean .

I had plenty of shackles, a 10m strap and a 2 m strap. 1 snatchblock. I think if it hadnt been for Roy's winch extension rope it would have been a case of me driving round to winch you back up a bit, but then this recovery stuff is new to me :)

Yeah if i had a winch fitted i'd have got myself out with one block , just saying whatever we equip for the situation will always call for something else that would make the job easier .
Its a note to self really because i haven't started preparing or equipping the truck . In time i want to be set up so any trip requires little more than buying a pint of milk and off we go . So what will go where is very much in my mind .

I looked at the flush valves Clive and decided not worth the aggro until i have air on board permanently so i can leave the valve in . I forgot to bring my T-max on this trip .

The recovery revealed 2 of my 4 shackles were also left home in the shed , but all in it makes a strong case for two sets of snatch block , shackles , tree strops , ropes and straps to live permanently in a tailgate cubby . I'm not sure what the other guys carry but perhaps only because there was 3 trucks did we have enough equipment .

And i can see how a switch allowing for low and unlocked might be useful where you drive but for me its a low priority maybe someday thing .

And yes it was fun , as always pics and vids don't do it justice but dare i say Helen's giggleometer suggests it would be even more fun in my 90 , a canoe in the rapids V a ship in the swell if you get what i mean .

Once fitted, flush valves are no hassle whatsoever Shayne, except for fitting them in the first place, which requires cracking a bead on the tyre to feed them in from the back of the rim.

And there’s no switch required for disabling the auto CDL in LO, you simply unplug the auto lock plug which takes all of 2 minutes and no tools, to do. After, you can select CDL in LO at any time from the dash CDL switch you’ve already got as standard.

IMO, making CDL auto locked when in LO was a strange thing for Mr T to do, but there we are.

Aye i'm posh uk spec 80 amazon locks when you select low no turboless rolling barn crank handle switches for me :lol: though in the case i wish i had one and i can't imagine it being very difficult to add :|

Aye i'm posh uk spec 80 amazon locks when you select low no turboless rolling barn crank handle switches for me :lol: though in the case i wish i had one and i can't imagine it being very difficult to add :|

Phff, half a job U.K. spec trucks :lol:

I always thought the UK specs had a dash mounted CDL switch as standard, what a let-down :lol: Is that the case for all models I wonder? Does that mean you can’t select CDL in HI then? Bloody ‘ell...

OK, I withdraw my comment due to ignorance as usual... :shifty:

Last edited:
Uk trucks do have the center lock switch or at least mine does. All i did was as clive said pull the plug off the switch on the transfer box and total control

Back