Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Migrants in Germany cause more trouble

About 6000 miles separate USA and Russia a stones throw for two heavy weight giants and antagonists , get uncle sam and ivan to kiss and make friends and all will be well .

Good luck with that !

About 6000 miles separate USA and Russia a stones throw for two heavy weight giants and antagonists , get uncle sam and ivan to kiss and make friends and all will be well .

Good luck with that !

Actually the USA & Russia are a lot closer than that, about 25 miles IIRC between Alaska and Russia.

alaskarussia.jpg

I thinking more along the lines of Washington to Moscow .

I thinking more along the lines of Washington to Moscow .

Yes I thought so Shayne but not many people realise that geographically they are very close.

Yeah i did i vaguely remember they argued over the rights to Canada at some point in their constant "mines bigger than yours" bickering . I can't imagine why America wants another giant at Russia's back door can you :whistle:

Alaska used to be part of Russia but they sold it to the USA.
Alaska was purchased from the Russian Empire on March 30, 1867, for $7.2 million ($113 million in today's dollars) at about two cents acre

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Alaska used to be part of Russia but they sold it to the USA.
Alaska was purchased from the Russian Empire on March 30, 1867, for $7.2 million ($113 million in today's dollars) at about two cents acre

Bit of a long-term strategy blunder there for Russia methinks, times must have been hard in 1867...

Like the avatar BTW Chas, respect. :thumbup:

Can't be arsed researching that one but i bet the stark truth of it is a war averted by cash payment . Ireland's the same it was all about wealth and the rest is bull Irish people can't see and Irish people who think they are British can't see it but religion had sweet F.A to do with it .

Can't be arsed researching that one but i bet the stark truth of it is a war averted by cash payment . Ireland's the same it was all about wealth and the rest is bull Irish people can't see and Irish people who think they are British can't see it but religion had sweet F.A to do with it .

Just about spot on Shayne, religion did drop into it as the Protestant Loyalists were generally the landowning class, from what I understand, whereas the Catholics were the working class, kept subservient by the protestant class... Add in that one was the minority, often the ones who were artificially propped up in power...

Which if we change Catholic and protestant to Sunni and Shia then you have the problems that the Muslims are fleeing in many cases.

Russian pioneers actually got as far down a calafornia.it was a massive expanse of land for them to govern. When they sold it they looked at it as waste land, before the discovery of oil and gold. The bering strait is 50 miles iirc. There are two tiny islands called the diomedes, one owned by the russians the other by the yanks. Some alaskan coastal towns did used to accept the rouble.
Now im going off topic..

Last edited:

Sorry Rob.

Not much I agree with you on there.
Looks like your a supporter of letting them all flock to UK ?

I'm against watching millions of people die or be condemned to a life with no imaginable future in tented ghettos. I think some of that could be alleviated through some planned migration into the EU, including the UK. I think some hard-working young people coming into the UK would be hugely beneficial to those of us who won't be drawing a pension or seeking long-term medical assistance for another few decades.

As I said somewhere else, it may not be perfect. I haven't seen anyone else suggest another way to alleviate the suffering of displaced peoples to say is it the least imperfect.

Last edited:
I struggle with this "hardworking" element you insist upon Rob . In any society there will be grafters and lazy ones but more to the point are they bringing millions in cash with them to actually set themselves up in business to boost the economy ?

Helen's extended family are all grafters by nature and all are working in dead end jobs , the qualified tradesmen among them have in recent years gone from job for life status to "i've got work next week" . Our daughter whom wanted to be a hairdresser but i encouraged to aim at banking because she is well suited to it ended up a nightshift cleaner because the UK's education system is a farce (this is coming from someone who grew up on a British Island and considered school a prison) .

While on maternity leave she applied for every job she could find from office work to sitting on the counter at Morrison's in the hope she could alter her future by working her way up from within . She was well received at every interview and was smiling from ear to ear every time i collected her , but most companies never even bothered to let her know the job had gone to someone else .

With respect i fear your own circumstances obscure your view of today's Britain .

"With respect i fear your own circumstances obscure your view of today's Britain ."

This is a good point, i find that those that champion something the most, are often those least effected by its eventual consequence.

I struggle with this "hardworking" element you insist upon Rob . In any society there will be grafters and lazy ones but more to the point are they bringing millions in cash with them to actually set themselves up in business to boost the economy ?

Helen's extended family are all grafters by nature and all are working in dead end jobs , the qualified tradesmen among them have in recent years gone from job for life status to "i've got work next week" . Our daughter whom wanted to be a hairdresser but i encouraged to aim at banking because she is well suited to it ended up a nightshift cleaner because the UK's education system is a farce (this is coming from someone who grew up on a British Island and considered school a prison) .

While on maternity leave she applied for every job she could find from office work to sitting on the counter at Morrison's in the hope she could alter her future by working her way up from within . She was well received at every interview and was smiling from ear to ear every time i collected her , but most companies never even bothered to let her know the job had gone to someone else .

With respect i fear your own circumstances obscure your view of today's Britain .

Got to agree Shayne.

As a country we don't look after our own who need serious help. The amount of benifits etc that are given out yet our elderly etc are freezing to death.

im trying to keep away from this thread as it makes me so mad.

Got to agree Shayne.

As a country we don't look after our own who need serious help. The amount of benifits etc that are given out yet our elderly etc are freezing to death.

Unfortunately Britain does not have a monopoly on this problem even here in Aust similar sentiments are uttered regularly , it angers me that our elderly , veterans , young and disabled go without But refugees , boat people and immigrants ( who come here under the guise of seeking asylum ) are set up with housing , free medical and government assistance . For the most part these people ( you know who ) do not contribute to society , do not integrate , and are happy to live off welfare for the term of their natural life .
I don't know how to control this problem , I'm sure some are genuine refugees but the crap this lot bring with them is a worry , I can't see it improving this decade .. cheers Mick

We live on an Island. We all know that life, or the human race did not start in the UK. So we are all descended from Immigrants.
As for some of the links posted as examples of behaviour. Have you seen some of the footage of the behaviour in our cities on a Saturday night. Is that behaviour representive of you or Britain?
Are you aware of the stereotype of the "British lager lout yobs" that prevails across Europe.
Some very sad, misinformed opinions in this thread.

We live on an Island. We all know that life, or the human race did not start in the UK. So we are all descended from Immigrants.

This reminds me of my Grandmother complaining about Foreigners in the UK... we did have to point out to her that she is German, and therefore a foreigner as well...

Got to agree Shayne.

Karl, what figures are you basing this view on? My concern is we tend to base our sentiment on analogies rather than tangible evidence. More than 50% of our welfare budget is pensions.

I just had a quick look for what we spend on housing asylum seekers (Google "cost of processing asylum seekers in the uk"). The Express like to shout about this. They show we currently spend £265m/year. That's less than 0.25% of our welfare bill. They also showed 2 years ago the figure was double this, although they don't mention that in their latest story, I suspect because saying costs halved over two years isn't sensationalist.

Sorry ammo but lager louts are fuelled by too much booze, lager to be exact, which is permitted to contain non natural substances. I have witnessed falling down drunks in Belgium, not many I grant you, but never violent because the Belgians are prohibited by law to allow anything artificial in their beers.

There is a whole heap of difference between a group of pi**ed up youths (often female I'm afraid) acting abominably and a group of predominantly young men who are travelling to a country on the pretext of asking for help due to being displaced by war, death and destruction.

If I were to turn up on someone's doorstep on a cold wet night after breaking down (I know, unlikely but imagine I drive a Land Rover instead) and asked for shelter, and were given it, how would it seem if I then asked for money, refused the food I was given and left in the morning without thanks but with some of my hosts possessions? Would this not destroy our good nature in this country and others and make us all suspicious of those that need help? If these masses of young men are genuine refugees, seeking our help and that of other European countries, they are going about it in the wrong way.

I continue to respect the UK for bringing in the genuine families from the camps in a controlled manner. This is by far the best situation for all concerned. I wouldn't mind betting they behave entirely differently to those filmed rioting, looting, storming trains etc.

Great example from the Express Rob. Any subject in the media that imediately gets your blood boiling has been skewed, in order to present it with emotive language, by design, it's the oldest trick in the book, AKA divide and conquer.

For thinking people, the first response can be emotion too, but thinking people should be able to surpress emotions, and recognise that response as a programed response, to propaganda designed for that purpose.

Imagnie if all the *insert streotype/nationality* got together and united with regular people with the same government or global demands? Think we'd all allow war to happen in the first place? :laughing-rolling:

Back