Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Migrants in Germany cause more trouble

No looking at the larger picture is means of procrastination so the little things that can be done won't be done . Several years ago or maybe on the previous page 400 people needed relocating , i suggested putting each 5 mile apart so they can be absorbed without causing ripples . Imagine if it was done would it make tomorrows headlines , i don't think so .

We certainly dont need an increase of population in this country, were over populated now.

One of the major flaws with how most of this planet is run is this ruthless pursuit of growth of all kinds, its not possible with finite resources and finite land mass. Were not the only species living on this planet and we would do well to remember that..
So very very true.

Unfortunately there is a war being fought in the country, a war where not a single bullet is being fired or a single drop of blood spilt, but as each day passes, they are slowly winning.

If we start importing young workers (and let's assume they all want to work for arguments sake),

1, the first thing they often do is bring the whole family, probably 15 to 20 strong, with a high percentage needing support.
2, if the family doesn't get imported, the money they earn is exported to the family or to build a better life when they return.
3, for every job we have the option of employing the indigenous or migrants and for a finite number of jobs that means either end up without work, even if they want to work. As a nation we do not allow anyone to go without food and housing, that means additional strain on the welfare system.
4, the Muslim faith allows many wives and with many wives come many more children and young people.

To bring young people in purely to fix the pension shortfall, which BTW is why this country and others like it has descended into and can never be out of ever increasing massive debt, simply kicks the can down the road.

The cold hard truth is that making people live longer and propping them up with more young people is a downward spiral that will lead to overcrowding and misery for everyone. In short, it is unsustainable.

In 1945 Mumbai contained 100,000 people, Sikhs, Hindus, etc. Now it contains 24 million mostly Muslims.
Mumbai is an island on the western coast of India where the good work is. The U.K. Is an island on the western side of Europe. Along with Germany it is where the good work is. The U.K. could well be now what Mumbai was in 1945 to 1950.

If you want to see what it will be like here in 50 years, visit Mumbai.

One more thing, once you visit India, you realise there is no real poverty in this country. Poverty is a statistic here. It is measured as the least affluent x% of the population so any talk of eradicating it is impossible until the measurement is changed. If you want to see true Poverty, go to Mumbai.

Last edited:
This thread has become a perfect example of why politics is a farce , what was the question again ?

There was no question. There was an observation that some part of a loosely defined population do not behave as well as we would like. An easy postulation to agree with for anyone who is English and has seen a news report from a major football tournament.

Unfortunately there is a war being fought in the country, a war where not a single bullet is being fired or a single drop of blood spilt, but as each day passes, they are slowly winning.

And like any war (and personally I wouldn't use the term war here, since I don't think either protaganist is defined by any hostile intent) there will be a cost to fighting. In this case the cost will be increased competition for welfare which realistically will lead to people having to work longer or having smaller state pensions. That's fine for me, I thoroughly enjoy my job, it's not physical and I have a reasonable private pension. Others will not be so fortunate.

If we start importing young workers (and let's assume they all want to work for arguments sake),

1, the first thing they often do is bring the whole family, probably 15 to 20 strong, with a high percentage needing support.

Any facts to back this up? Or just your assumption? If you live in a house with income generating family there isn't much support available to you.
In Syria before the war there, 3.8% of people were over 65, compare that to 16.4% in the UK. Even if one person bought in other family members the demographics work in our favour. There simply aren't extended families of pensioners. Yes there may be some children under working age, but they won't be under working age for long. If there aren't enough schools the potential is there to boost our economy through publicly funded building. We currently spend a third of pension costs on education, that doesn't sound healthy to me.

2, if the family doesn't get imported, the money they earn is exported to the family or to build a better life when they return.

Except of course the money that goes to the treasury through PAYE.

3, for every job we have the option of employing the indigenous or migrants and for a finite number of jobs that means either end up without work, even if they want to work. As a nation we do not allow anyone to go without food and housing, that means additional strain on the welfare system.

Leaving aside the question of who is indigenous, and even someone of strong Celtic origin could have arguments against them, the number of jobs available is only governed by the size of the population and the strength of the economy.

4, the Muslim faith allows many wives and with many wives come many more children and young people.

Polygamy is illegal in Syria, and many Muslim states. It's certainly illegal in the UK, so I think an irrelevant point.

To bring young people in purely to fix the pension shortfall, which BTW is why this country and others like it has descended into and can never be out of ever increasing massive debt, simply kicks the can down the road.

I agree that to an extent it does kick the can down the road. But hopefully down the road is a solution, probably technological. Otherwise I can see no future other than an aging workforce which to be blunt is going to be a pain in the back if you are a manual labourer, or someone whose job requires a lot of physical exertion. A nurse for example.

In 1945 Mumbai contained 100,000 people, Sikhs, Hindus, etc. Now it contains 24 million mostly Muslims.
Mumbai is an island on the western coast of India where the good work is. The U.K. Is an island on the western side of Europe. Along with Germany it is where the good work is. The U.K. could well be now what Mumbai was in 1945 to 1950.

Mostly Muslims? What figures are you basing that on? I had a quick look, and found that the entirely impartial sounding "Destroy Islam Now" blog cites the figure at 20%, which is nowhere near "mostly" and I have some doubts around trusting their figures. And I know Wikipedia is far from the arbiter of truth but that cites the 1941 population of Mumbai as 1.7 million. I think Mumbai has grown because of huge migration from the countryside to a big city. Exactly the pattern we expect to see in a developing nation, and exactly what happened in the UK in the late 18th and early 19th century. I don't think it's useful to use it to draw an analogy with a technologically and economically advanced nation like ours.

Last edited:
My source was a Sikh taxi driver living in Mumbai.

I don't know what technological solution can solve the pension deficit, and hoping for one is like buying all new items for the house on credit saying you might win the lottery one day.

FGM is illegal in the UK, honour killing is illegal in the UK, inequality is most probably illegal in the UK, beating (anyone) women is illegal in the UK, using young girls as sex slaves for gang rape is illegal in the UK…but it goes on. All these things exist through non adoption of UK laws and values and by bringing outside values in and keeping them within ethnic groups who stick together and don't integrate.

To clarify, in my eyes all people are good people, until they do bad things. I see no skin colour, no ethnicity, no difference. But when the fabric of our society is threatened I see nothing but trouble ahead, particularly from large groups entering as groups.

I suppose it boils down to whether you foresee any issues arising from a continually aging population? If you do, can you imagine any mitigating actions we could take?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I suppose it boils down to whether you foresee any issues arising from a continually aging population? If you do, can you imagine any mitigating actions we could take?

Soylent Green perhaps?

As this thread has diverged, rather healthily IMO, on the matter of pensions, it always amazes me that countries such as Italy and here in Romania, the state pension is still earnings related, as IIRC it may have been in the UK moons ago. An Italian ex colleague of mine has recently retired, and he's getting €5,600 per month in state pension. His contributions through PAYE in Italy have been no greater than mine, yet on retirement, I'll get about €650 per month from the UK government....

I'll get about €650 per month from the UK government....

My state pension is £527.52 per month Clive. Luckily for me I get a very good pension from the Royal Opera House, plus investments made over the years add to my spending power.

As this thread has diverged, rather healthily IMO, on the matter of pensions, it always amazes me that countries such as Italy and here in Romania, the state pension is still earnings related, as IIRC it may have been in the UK moons ago. An Italian ex colleague of mine has recently retired, and he's getting €5,600 per month in state pension. His contributions through PAYE in Italy have been no greater than mine, yet on retirement, I'll get about €650 per month from the UK government....

Although I think that the Italians have known for some time their model isn't sustainable and have been trying to push through reforms.

My state pension is £527.52 per month Clive. Luckily for me I get a very good pension from the Royal Opera House, plus investments made over the years add to my spending power.

Yep, sadly, the private scheme I've been in has gone tits-up in that it started as earnings related but then changed to a money purchase scheme. I've checked out my rights, but it seems there's nothing much I can do.

As as a sum of money, divided by the number of years I hope to live, it's worth about 2 cups of coffee a week.

Looks like I'm destined for a part-time job throughout retirement.

Have you ever stepped back and thought that perhaps the problem is not the religion, but in the case of Saudi, the rulers (the house of Saud)? And if that's the case, then that's no different to the British Monarchy when there was the Catholic/Protestant period...

I consider myself quite lucky that I know people from all over the world, and as said before talking to them increases the understanding. If you've been getting your information from the Q Society and Reclaim Australia etc, then I suspect it's going to be as skewed as that article you posted before. Go and visit a mosque, explain you want to understand the religion more and I'm sure you'd get a different picture.

I've read a few books about islam now and have just finished one by New York Times bestselling author Robert Spencer. :icon-smile:

Suggesting a visit to a mosque sounds like a great idea!

Apart from one thing..............

Tawriya! Or takiya as its sometimes called!

Where by muslims are encouraged to lie to infidels if they believe it can further the cause of islam. :eusa-liar:

Yep, sadly, the private scheme I've been in has gone tits-up in that it started as earnings related but then changed to a money purchase scheme. I've checked out my rights, but it seems there's nothing much I can do.

As as a sum of money, divided by the number of years I hope to live, it's worth about 2 cups of coffee a week.

Looks like I'm destined for a part-time job throughout retirement.

My Opera House pension started out as earnings related but luckily I retired before it changed to money purchase so I wasn't affected. I was very relieved to not have to get a part-time job. I feel so sorry for some pensioners who have to exist on state pension alone.

PS
Go easy on the coffee Clive.

Well i said my last farewell to 3 good friends in recent years and none made it beyond 2 years into retirement , all self employed and to appearances all in good health , a bricklayer , a painter and decorator and a builder . I don't expect to be around any longer than them :think: does this make me lucky or convenient ?

I've read a few books about islam now and have just finished one by New York Times bestselling author Robert Spencer. :icon-smile:

The same Robert Spencer who is banned from entering the UK because of his extreme views. I haven't read his books. I am not saying he is making incorrect interpretations. I am not saying banning him from entering the UK is correct. I do think he has a certain viewpoint that needs to be understood when reading his interpretations.

Well i said my last farewell to 3 good friends in recent years and none made it beyond 2 years into retirement , all self employed and to appearances all in good health , a bricklayer , a painter and decorator and a builder . I don't expect to be around any longer than them :think: does this make me lucky or convenient ?

It's about what you do with yourself in retirement as much as anything. I've seen this many times, through redundancy too. Two years seems to be the time involved.

Use it or lose it is a very good saying if you ask me.

ere Chas, how much do you reckon you paid in NI contributions during your working life?

It'd be interesting to see the figures for an "average wage" worker who paid the full NI contributions+ employers NI liability (with 49yrs base rate compound interest), assumming retirement at 65, and checking out at the average UK male lifespan of 81.5, off the top of my head I'd say there shouldn't be a "pension gap", by a very long margin:eusa-naughty:

Brother Chas, I looked at my private pension income the other day and got stage fright :icon-biggrin:.

I was forced to retire at age 55 as I could not get insurance for my surveying valuation business and my personal assets were exposed. (not those Chas). 14 years later I'm still alive but all the loads of money I put in to my private pension dramatically fell in value and when I took the annuity it was 3% or something. Should have spent it on curries.

I would be surprised if lying was encouraged in the Quran. Their God is pure isn't he?

ere Chas, how much do you reckon you paid in NI contributions during your working life?

It'd be interesting to see the figures for an "average wage" worker who paid the full NI contributions+ employers NI liability (with 49yrs base rate compound interest), assumming retirement at 65, and checking out at the average UK male lifespan of 81.5, off the top of my head I'd say there shouldn't be a "pension gap", by a very long margin:eusa-naughty:
I can't even remember now how much a week I paid in I just googled a compound interest rate calculator but it will only calculate from 1975 so at a guess on the amount paid in by me alone I made a guess at £19.50? (I don't know what the ROH contribution was) from that time it works out in the region of £ 1120543.27
surprised-004.gif
bearing in mind I started work in 1959 as an apprentice that figure will be much higher.

Back