Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mixing engine oil into diesel?

Thats scary. Imagine the damage done by all those microscopic bits of metal and carbon in the engine oil as it goes through the delicate fuel system and injectors :o

I havnt looked at the link yet but i do know of people who run old engine oil in fuel.

Works with old engines but wouldnt put it in anything new.

My off road 40 has a 60 deisel engine in it as has some engine oil in the fuel

karl

Old friend of mine had an old Series LR.
When on a night shift together, he would be pouring all sorts into the fuel tank.
It used to run well on on a couple of 25 litre drums of Tellus 23 :thumbup:

Graham

it is technically illegal to run your vehicle on engine oil. :thumbdown:

you would more than likely never get caught, but.............if you ever went past a VOSA check point or got pulled by a traffic cop and had your tank dipped youd be in trouble.

VOSA are of the opinion that people use, used engine oil in there fuel tank to cover up the dye in red diesel. :roll:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
eHow

quote from the wired website "The company’s legion of low-paid writers churn out hundreds of webpages and videos a day, all intended to rank highly for search terms identified by the company’s algorithms."

A very large percentage of articles on eHow are utter rubbish anyway, written buy somepone with very little knowledge for a completely different reason than to actually offer advice on mixing fuels. That is why its very wishy washy and the important bits for eHow are the links to other websites below and around the article.

Jonnie

Back