Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Monday, not the best day ever.

Trevor

Country Flag
england
The freshly renovated 100 is a little worse for wear. Lorry came in from a side road on the right where its marked as give way, to continue into the side road on the left. He didn't slow or stop and barrelled straight over. I hit the brakes, picked my spot and waited for the inevitable. Gutted is an understatement.

Ah hell.. sorry to see this.

Someone wiped out my Lexus earlier in the summer, so I know the feeling, though it must be much worse when its a vehicle you've sunk time and money into.

I trust you survived unhurt though?

Oh noooo. What a arse. Hope you are ok and no injuries

Jesus H. Christ Trevor, that looks like there is no coming back from that.
Assume you have no injuries, the lc certainly soaked that up.
Didn't even look or brake at the junction by the looks of it, wasn't one of the foreign johnnies Boris is trying to encourage over was it. Whoever, he is a poor excuse for a class 1.

That is a horrible sight. You got out OK and that is the most important thing. Hopefully the truck is not a total write off.. it may be financially for insurance purposes, but they'll let you keep it and pay a set cost towards repair with any luck.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
English Driver, new hire. Felt sorry for him TBH as that'll no doubt be his job gone. But road markings are clear enough. Lorry Fleet operate on that industrial estate and within seconds Transport Manager and loads of hi viz staff out getting spill kit down and marshaling traffic. I even got a cuppa. They are insured with same company as me so hoping that might smooth the way.

No idea if they'll write it off, I'll buy back if they do. I'm pretty laid back most if the time but really wanted to deck the driver in the first few seconds, common sense and adrenaline kicked in fortunately.

On the off chance it needs more than a polish, there’s a chap in the midlands somewhere who’s mustard with these cruisers!
If only I could remember his name. :think:

Glad you’re not hurt Trev. Sorry it’s happened.
If Chas’s HMS Phoenix can survive what it did, then I’d say that’s just a flesh wound and she’ll be right as rain in no time.
I know what you mean about the driver and how you felt/feel.

Insurance have politely said " for its age and its over 100k, we will not offer to repair it". So their engineer is going to look at it and then we discuss options.

Bad enough being called Trevor but that is really bad if you can walk away from any situation like that then is a good day Trevor possessions cars whatever are all replaceable Mrs Trev could not replace you and neither could the club

This is truly awful news Trev, glad you're ok.
Let's not forget the real victim in all this mess though... Poor Clair, forced to drive pawgy that little.bit longer.... :l

That's harsh, a sorry sight, glad you're ok. Thank goodness you weren't a second or two further on !

Nasty, but as always the Cruiser protected those inside.
If its my turn for a smash then not much else i'd rather be in than a big Toyota, glad you're ok.

Did he lose you in the mirrors i wonder, though much worse for blind spotting on the drivers side, it was the main reason why for years i didn't wear a seat belt in a lorry until they got hot on nicking the offence, cos made it easier to duck and dive about to see round the bloody mirrors when approaching junctions.

If I've read it right he's come straight across the main road from a side road obviously not seeing the Give Way signage or looking left or right for traffic. Maybe if he assumed he had right of way he didn't bother looking which is still bad form. Again, from a motorcyclist's point of view, I watch approaching side roads like a hawk after a similar incident years ago.

Back