Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco October 2015

Yes, well done. Very nice video and I appreciate the time and effort that goes into making one, that's why I don't !!

Interesting little section at 3m 28s, just lasts a couple of seconds on the video. Did you go up it or around?

I don't have a GoPro although I do have a cheapy that I stick on the windscreen.

Ah yes that little section is part of route MH1 from the Morocco Overland Book, 4 hours to do about 4 km of picking our way through a riverbed with no track what so ever and then almost rolling the truck into the river

We got through eventually but it was very very hard work, we had to move about a tonne of rocks to build a track when I almost rolled but at that point we were past to point of no return.

We're not doing that bit......................after last years storms I think it would be almost impassable and I don't fancy the stress again. I've been working on a High Atlas route for us that takes in the easy part upto this point and then heads west, early days at the moment but I think we may have a possible 2 day route through the mountains

I'm currently planning on traveling solo (but at the moment this is by choice)...GoPro, I can probably muster up three of them, I keep trading-up to the newer model.

So that could be upto 4 cameras at the moment, more cameras should give more angles and more varied video :). I normally take a laptop and usb harddrive to back up the footage

So far only Garfield & Roy together in a vehicle and ByronJ unknown at present. I may have a passenger but probably not at the moment

Looking at everyones trucks I assume everyone has cb's and fridges for beer?

I'm definitely going to Morocco with a friend of mine in October.We looked over your track on Google Earth (thanks again for passing it to me) and with little differences here and there is what we're thinking to do. We'll be happy to join the convoy for atleast a few days if thats ok with the rest. Mark, are you plannig to cross from Tarifa or? I have a couple of options: 1) driving to Tarifa (~3500km) or 2) Jump on a ferry from Livorno or Genoa, IT directly to Tanger.
P.S. If " got fridge full of beer?" is the password(s)....then I got the password!:thumbup:

We'll be crossing from Algerciras to Tanger Med George, the whole process is very easy now at Tanger Med plus I know how things work there :D

Your welcome to join us even if only for a few days George, we should be able to coordinate meeting anywhere along our route with a bit of thought, I highlighted the easyiest place before we get properly off road a couple of page ago. Once we leave Fort Bou Jerif we'll be on piste for most of the time until Erfoud

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Algerciras is even closer for me from the east:) I'll try to meet you before crossing and cross together. I've read in the back pages somewhere what ferry you've booked and will try to book the same one.
George

George we have only booked ferries from the uk to spain, the spain to morocco ferries will be bought in Algerciras. I have a good contact for cheaper ferry tickets and we'll get a price from them closer to the trip and then collect the tickets in Algerciras on the way

George we have only booked ferries from the uk to spain, the spain to morocco ferries will be bought in Algerciras. I have a good contact for cheaper ferry tickets and we'll get a price from them closer to the trip and then collect the tickets in Algerciras on the way

Got the info! Will join the booking when time comes

CB and password here too!!

Gotta get a CB by October as we dont use it over here(only taxi and truck drivers). We use PMR (440+Hrz).

its not essential but for me was a cheap way of communicating with other vehicles, comes in handy for us rhd drivers when overtaking, first vehicle can overtake and then keep up a commentary on if its clear for the next vehicle.

It also stops those of us on our own in the trucks going desert crazy:angry-screaming:

Well......I have CB & PMR also I'm LHD.

George, I was in Bulgaria with the 75 two years ago, have a contact who can assist with the CB.

Well......I have CB & PMR also I'm LHD.

George, I was in Bulgaria with the 75 two years ago, have a contact who can assist with the CB.
Thank you! I've already found someone to borrow a CB from.
It's a shame we didnt meet when you were here. Well we will in Spain or Morocco:)

That's a 10.4 on the CB, fridge and a freezer. It's a big negatory there good buddy on the GoPro. But I should be able to 10.20 one before we go. I'll be as traveling lone as the ugly kid at the village disco, come back.

Yee haw.

This trips going to be entertaining, I must dust off my cb dictionary, for some reason my minds picturing a desert combination of convoy and smokey & the bandit :lol:

We'll need some good handles to use

Last edited:
I used to be the Gerbil. But I'll answer to pretty much anything. Other than Oi, fat bloke ..

Yes, but Bone-crusher is what they called me after that .....

:angry-boxing:

Kit list - Byron

Hi Mark

I enjoyed the Morocco video, thanks for posting that. Also enjoyed the 'Convoy' video - had not heard that for years.

I have a CB and a small fridge (plenty of room for an evenings beer supply or a weeks worth of G & T).

No GoPro but have been thinking about buying one for a while... Have not decided on bringing a co-driver as yet. Chances are I will be traveling alone as I am thinking of wandering into Portugal on my way back.

Byron

Back