Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

MORROCCO RALLY IN MARCH 2012

kamalsrana

Garage
Country Flag
kenya
Guys,

Just wanted to say that I am planning on going to the Morrocco Rally as a service crew, I will be taking my 80 series for this job.

I was wondering if anyone else fancies coming along too, doesnt matter which vehicle 80, 100, whatever will do. The thing is that if there are more people interested then I can register them accordingly.

The chap that we will be providing the service for is preparing his Toyota Landcruiser 90 with full mods.

But, no matter which car he takes I guess it would be fun too for service crews.

If anyone wants to go just let me know, I have been told that the service crew always take a different course/route and even 2 wheel drive vans can use these routes, so you can always do some dune bashing when you want after the days race is over. Its always good to have 2 people per vehicle.

Also, I am interested in hearing from anyone who would like to Sponsor us on this event, any small amount will be appreciated also if you want to give us stickers or the like we can put them on the race and service vehicles.

Cheers

Hi, I will be looking at some companies in Spain for that.

I can try and get some infor for you...

Rgds

No I mean your insurance in morocco. You cant drive in the country without it. You can't get it in Spain. I take it you haven't been before?

Hi, yes mate its my first time.

The Rally Driver goes every year so we will probably get it from where he does, let me find out when I see him this week end.

Seems like you've been there before, any tips you could give me?

mike54 said:
No I mean your insurance in morocco. You cant drive in the country without it. You can't get it in Spain. I take it you haven't been before?
If your with NFU, they give you cover for Moroc.

No probs.

gra

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not strictly true. Some NFU policies cover it, some don't, needs to be checked, you can't rely on it being the case. Same with Adrian Flux, some do, some don't. Either way, you need to ring and ask them and if they say yes, you need to tell them the duration of your trip and the dates, and get them to email you the cover note to prove you have it (which you need to take of course)

They may refuse cover anyway if they know you are involved in a rally, most (standard) insurers would.

mike54 said:
Some NFU policies cover it, some don't,..........Same with Adrian Flux, some do, some don't.
Until recently I was with NFU for 6 yrs and they had no problem providing me with 3rd party only insurance cover for Morocco, at no extra charge. It's a shame that their policy premiums have doubled this year, and are now unrealistic. :roll:

Mike that's interesting with regard to Adrian Flux, every time I've asked them if they can provide any insurance cover for Morocco, they answer is always NO we don't cover Morocco.

Exactly Scott, this is the thing. I was with flux for three years when I had my defender. The first year: "we dont cover morocco", the second year I asked "oh yes no problem" and when I got the cover note for it, it was fully comp! Same the third year, no problem at all. And like your situation with them, I have other mates with Flux who aren't covered. One got so insensed about it I had to show him the cover note which he then emailed to flux and said howcome this guy is insured for morocco fully comp and I'm not? their answer was simply "its a different insurer". flux is only a broker after all. The annoying part of it is that its Flux themselves that say "we dont cover morocco" yet as the broker, they have no right to say that since a broker doesnt actually cover anything, its the insurer who does.

ditto NFU, they're brokers not underwriters, so some people have automatic cover for morocco and some dont. It's a massive pain in the arse to be honest.

I entered the Tuareg rally this year.

You can buy insurance inside the Port of Nador.

Once you come out of the Immigration / Police check once your off the ferry [but not outside the Port] if you look over to your left you will see a couple of small cabins. You can purchase insurance ...it cost 70 Euro for a Bowler Wildcat type race vehicle.

Best of luck ! [and see you there !]

HELLO MATE BUMPY,

Thats great news, I had no luck anywhere else.

What docs would they require for the insurance? any idea?

I will obviously carry my MOT and Insurance cert from UK with me.

I am going as a service crew, hoping that all will be OK and the sponsorships will come through for our driver, if not then we will have to cancel too.

Normal travel documentation ..... V5 Registration document with letter of authorisation from Owner if not your car / Driving Licence and Passport.

On the ferry you can see immigration and get yourself stamped into Morroco and see the guy who gives you the 'import papers' for the car ....once off ferry ....a police officer will sign import papers [ you have a half hour wait as get out of car and join a long line with other competitors...you dont need a guide]

Back