Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

MOT due next month

Lenlec

Country Flag
uk
Hi all. This is my 1st post. I’m getting my 1st land cruiser next weekend. It looks superb. But only has 2 weeks mot left on it and the seller said he will not get it done
should I walk away ??

Yes, walk.

Although there is a longer answer, starting with 'it depends'.

Has the mot not got the extra 6 months then?

Just says July

Attachments

• C5B011E1-6BF9-4E33-A077-2FF89C1B2ED2.jpeg
    C5B011E1-6BF9-4E33-A077-2FF89C1B2ED2.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 44
If you know the reg then check online, mine ran out in April... But is good till.octoner now

I'm sure if you post up what type of Landcruiser your looking at buying, check it previous MOT history online to see how much work its had / advisories and check the vehicle over you can use the short MOT as a tool to get a better deal, It will automatically have another 6 months added to the validity, but still need to be roadworthy, up to you I guess to define roadworthy, the lads on here will no doubt give you some more advice

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The law change for the extended MOT is in place for 12 months and the plan is to extend all PLG MOTs for 6 months so that there is not a disproportionate amount of MOTs due in one part of the year to another. Changing the records on the computer takes time and when I last checked they were updating about a week before the old due date. I can confirm one of the cars in my family due this month has had the extension put on but the other has not yet as it is later in the month. Like others have said safety and condition is the key thing to look for and use the gov MOT history site www.gov.uk/check-mot-history to get an idea of both issues from the previous MOT and what the maintenance has been like in the past. Some things like failures for low brake pads and tyre tread and relevant repeated advisories might suggest it being less well maintained although with a Toyota full history one would hope that it has been well maintained.

mine was due the 10th this month so it had to be done

And it pass 1st time

Why would you think there would be anything wrong with it?.... Its only done about 12k in the last 3 years.... Do a MOT History check..... Is he saying he Wont or Cant put an MOT on it?.... Depends on how much he's asking for it.. And like Jake says ' Use the fact it has no MOT as a Haggling Tool'...

Sorted now thanks. I’m gonna get the mot. Hopefully it will extend for 6 months. My van mot was due this Wednesday but just checked it’s been extended. .

I have a vehicle that is insured but SORN with no mot at all. I did wonder how I'd put it back on the road if I wanted to. My MOT place is open, but if I tried to tax it as it is, I wonder if it would let me without an mot. It would pass I am sure, but handy of I could not have to faff around. Couldn't find an answer on the web

I don't think that you can. I had to re tax from the beginning of June and the MOT ran out just before the end of May. It wouldn't let me do the tax until the MOT had been extended which only happened about 3 days before its original expiry date.

Back