Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 150 Kakadu

Hit a skippy the other day , he didnt fair well. Lucky for the bull bar the damage to the 150 wasnt substantial.
Smashed headlight, smashed foglight,snapped off parking sensor,bent spotty mount and very slightly bent the bar in the centre

Scored these lights from a guy selling on Failbook

Wasnt very difficult to remove and reinstall

I had to buy them as a pair so both have nice clear lenses now

Watched the vid - was that on main or dipped beam?

Bloody hell, that came out of no where.
At least the damages aren't major.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Last couple trip vids.
Ourimbah state Forest

Watagans

Decided to do my injectors , EGR clean and EGR blanking plate. Pretty tricky job but saved a thousand bucks in labour. Cleanliness is key when performing the injector replacement. All new gaskets and injector pipes were used. About $2500 in parts and $200 in extra tools to get it done.

Next job will be timing belt and water pump.

Installed a little camp light today under the awning. I wanted the switch to be at the light so we didnt have to open the doors to turn it on. I bought a little switch IP67 rated and made a little shroud for it and filled it with silicone. The switch is now attached to the light,it has a handy little pilot light so it can be easily found in the dark.

The light is a little bright I may try and make a little diffuser for it. Two of these were given to me for nothing
Anyone have Ideas as to where the next one can go ?

Got some sliders made up . This took about 4 goes to get right due to the air and hydraulic lines being in the way on the chassis. One of the air lines for the rear suspension is still just touching ,I will have to sort something before I do our next trip as I don't want to be driving around with the bum dragging around.

A small update. when the factory steps were removed , the under car courtesy/step lights were also removed.
They were activated by the FOB by the way of proximity sensors. I set about attaching them to the sliders, once done I thought it would be nifty if I could also activate them by switch for ground flood lighting whilst camping.This was achieved by the use of an on off on switch. I have installed it by the chassis rail behind the KDSS pump guard. I wanted it so I could flick it on from out side the car. Normal position lets the lights activate by proximity and the alternate on position activates the lights from the aux battery. I may mess around with some different bulbs or even an led strip at some point.

Videos of our Trip to Janowen hills 4x4 and camping park over xmas
Highlights

and the unabridged version (Be forewarned , there is a dirty old Nissan in it)

Did a day trip to swan gully just before the covid lockdown here. Video to come later.
It was pretty rough and overgrown in some parts.
Copped some panel damage on the front guard and a few new scratches.
vlcsnaps-00257 (2).png

vlcsnaps-00285 (2).png

vlcsnaps-00274.png

Couple of Updates on the 150.

New control arms, Upper are the new OME ones from ARB. I don,t usually buy from ARB due to how overpriced they are. These are well priced and look to be great quality also. Although I did have to modify the Nipple holder in the cap and the cap retaining bolts were 2 different hex key sizes.
uca2.jpg

UCA.jpg

New lower control arms are Factory Items. I ordered them with all the associated bolts from Amayama avoiding over $1500 toyota tax
lca.jpg

Also some new spotties and plates went on

plates- spotties.jpg

Some pics from the last camp
rear.jpg
front.jpg

Back