Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 80, just showing her off

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
Never really posted pics of her before so thought i would :)

When i first brought her home from Adrians

21032009001.jpg

Then the modding began :)

18042009.jpg

And then some more :)

30052009.jpg

And then even more :twisted:

DSCF5565.jpg

She's a credit to you mate.

Some pics of the inside would be good too...

Very nice. I especially like the dirt. Makes me all nostalgic.

Chris

where is the photo of your extremely aerodynamic roof storage solution? :lol:

that bumper looks awesome

x2 on the bumper.

where did you purchase it from Paul?

LOOKIN GOOD MATE when you start modding its not easy to stop :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ah yes, the storage system with built in aerodynamics ;)

GetAttachment1.jpg

And the interior by popular demand

18102009004.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

Well she is not on the drive at the moment............

Back tomorrow, with some changes ;)

Paul said:
Well she is not on the drive at the moment............

Back tomorrow, with some changes ;)

Funnily enough, I was stood next to her about three hours ago :!:
When you get yours mine will be there too.

noooooo......... I want it back now :(

I just called him to check how it was going.

Is yours going in tomorrow for work then?

Nice 80 :cool: Toyotas finest hour.

Btw, are those seat covers specifically designed for the cruiser??

Well she is back :)

Just picked her up, spyed a very familiar 80 sitting in the workshop too ;)

She now has a complete polybush kit (inc CC) and front axle rebuild, which was just as well, as the wheel bearings were completly shot including being rusty and the cage holding the rollers was starting to wear through, turns out it wasn't stones in the brakes making the squeeling noise that we had on the plain, it was the bearings!! The swivels had some rollers missing from the bearings too :(

As it was all in bits, i opted to have some grooved and vented discs fitted at the same time and some lovely big pads. Rear callipers and handbrake all lovely now too, have to get used to using it again :lol:
The olds discs are not really worn though, so i might have to put them up for sale on ebay ;) anyone interested?

Hi Paul, unlike you to get someone else to do that work :? Did you have Superpro bushes fitted or something else?

Are your old discs OEM ones? I think I might go for some grooved ones too when mine are ready for replacement.

Cheers,

I know, my work is manic at the mo and i knew it would fail the MOT so some work would have to be done. I have been doing extra work for the overtime and bonuses so spending that on the truck as it was going to be most money for the parts anyway. Also want everything done for the Morocco trip in Oct and Harvest has kicked off and won't have time to get the major stuff done that would take it off the road for any length of time, i will still do all the kitting out myself.
The old discs are OEM.

OT but...
Paul said:
Harvest has kicked off.
:shock: :shock: :shock: Spring hasn't even started yet - what can there be to harvest? :lol:

I'm sure it's a nice feeling getting your 80 back all nice and upgraded :mrgreen:

Paul said:
noooooo......... I want it back now :(

I just called him to check how it was going.

Is yours going in tomorrow for work then?

Just got the call that mine is ready for collection. Like you I couldn't afford to have it off the road for any length of time. Just had the seals, bearings, discs done with the CVs re-packed etc. Got a pair of second hand OEM discs in near perfect condition so I am quite happy with them as replacements.

Only been away 24hrs but missing the truck :(

so where did you chaps take them??

http://www.landcruisersoverland.com/1.html

Have put something in the recommended sellers thread. Was really really keen to go back to West Coast, but like i said she was going to fail the MOT and the bearings were noisy so had to get it done asap, had the AC charged at the same time as the industrial estate he is on seems to be quite a hub (no pun intended) for all things motoring.

I also have some nice secondhand discs available, will take them to work and skim the edges off to tidy them up.

Back