Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My colorado is now Undriveable.... :(

Beau said:
adrianr said:
Glad its fixed.

I would recommend everyone cleaning the Injector Pump. It is quick and a 5 minute job with small hands.

- might be nice if you could detail steps for the folks on here?

Sure,

- Airbox needs removing, 3 12mm Bolts holding it in place, and then a screw driver for the clip.
- Unclip the return fuel pipe coming from the Pump (Just to make it easier)
- Undo all the wired clips you see from the Pump, its very easy to unclip and it is clear where they are go back as there is very little movement with the wires.
-There is a grey clip at the bottom of the spill control valve.
8d64_2.JPG

From the picture above the bit you are removing is the right bottom place where a clip should connect to (grey one). There is a 22mm spanner just behind it. It is clearer to see from the engine bay.

You then need a 22mm Spanner to Undo the BIG NUT on the close side to the pump, NOT the 19mm nut as this removes the plug and is not necessary.

Once out keep in a safe place as it is very delicate, note there is a rubber seal around the edge.

Now use a small flat screw driver or tweezer and yank/pull out the metal strainer.

Putting it back in is exactly the same. NOTE that the strainer goes in only one certain way.

Also to get most of the crap out, pump the fuel filter housing with the strainer out and let some fuel splash out, taking most of the crap in the pump out of it as well.

Put everything back together, Pump the filter to get fuel back into the pump and start her up! :thumbup:

If anyone wants more detailed instructions, PM me.

The pic in this post has gone missing. Does anyone have any pics of this job?

Here is a pic I got off the net. The Plug is circled.

attachment.php

Back