Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My colorado wont start after I changed the Fuel Filter

Beau

Country Flag
guyana
Hi Guys, Im hopping someone can help me.

My landcruiser colorado was struggling couple days ago when I was on the motorway, The fuel blockage light came on so the first thing I did when I got back was drop the tank, clean the intank filter and then change the fuel filter. After doing so she fired up for a few seconds and just died.

I have been trying to turn it over and nothing is happening. Im thinking that there is air in the system.

Has anyone ever had this problem?

Thanks

Have you pumped the filter? That black thing on it. Press when it feels quite hard, if it´s easy to pump, there is air in the line.

Same happened to me :oops:

I pumped it for ages and it felt hard but just wouldn't start. Eventually battery died. jump started, and then immediately started. So it was almost there.

It will eventually start. just keep priming it..!

Ok, Managed to get it started after priming the fuel filter and un screwing the injectors to let the air out.

It will rev all the way to 4200 rpm when station in P, but when driving it still struggles to build up speed and the blockage light comes on so I think from the fuel pump to the injectors there is a blockage in the line. It seems the more I drive it the better it is.

I am going to buy some injector cleaning stuff you throw in the tank and drive it and see if it helps.

Back