Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My new Hilux.

It might settle down a bit given time
What’s does it look like with full tank of fuel and camping kit and water , full trip load

I'm hoping that will settle it down a bit, at the moment its just empty storage boxes in there, once its loaded up I will re measure it.

That will be reason then
Mine sits high when empty, I think mine are +300kg leaf springs, so they need the load in to sit right

About 3 years ago I got a rear camera kit, and some extra led lights.

Downsizing to a smaller house, with one less wife, meant the bits got pushed to back of new garage.

If only I had a few days to get the garage sorted, I kept saying.......and lo, my wish has come true.

So, fitted two new leds - the baroud lives on roof full time so I fitted the leds to the two metal channels underneath so the hang down. Worked very well and really bright - the lux sits a bit high at the back so existing lights fall short a bit, I adjusted the existing led light bar at same time.

The camera kit has a metal housing with two cameras - each one is rear facing but they swivel independently. There is then a dashboard monitor.

Plan was to have one rear facing, and one downward to help reversing onto trailer etc.

Problem with this is that the lux canopy has a curved rear end, so you cant look down from above.

There is an under-run bar under bumper, im thinking of cutting out the rear facing section and mounting the camera inside the box section, so it is protected, but this gives me two cameras looking at same thing! Might need to think a bit more......

Back