Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

my prado and it`s home

Pat

Country Flag
new_zealand
1993 KZJ78 prado EX.a Jap import which We bought in 2001.Without doubt the best passenger vehicle I have ever owned.Not a skerrick of rust anywhere but we park it under cover.A few photos of our antipodean home.Zoe the huntaway and Vinnie our schnauzer who thinks he is 10 times bigger than he is just big trouble.the truck is an International Butterbox which I have had for 45 years.Perkins diesel starts first pop.The traxcavator myself and my darling wife made a pusher attachment for felling trees close to fencelinesand after felling I pick the trunks up in the 4in 1 bucket and we slab them and split them.hope this is interesting for folks.Thanks Clive for showing me to post photos etc.Pat trademe 227.jpgtrademe 227.jpgtrademe 226.jpgtrademe 209.jpgtrademe 210.jpgipad photos 099.jpgtrademe 032.jpgmums camera jan2015 089.jpgipad photos 067.jpgtrademe 213.jpg

Very nice Pat, like the photos...

Is that an IH (International Harvester) or International truck? I recognize that square grille but there's no badging that I can see. I'm guessing late 60's or early 70's on that one... :thumbup:

PS. I've boo-boo'd here, you explain the truck in your post! :doh:Sorry!!

Another PS. Good to see you wearing all the right gear Pat, a good lesson for us all...

Last edited:
Clive,they were an Aussie built International C1800 series but because of their shape were nicknamed butter boxes.She has a 6/354 Perkins,a fuller 5 speed overdrive gearbox,an eaton 2speed diff and a NZ built trailing axle which you can lift up when empty.p.s.that's my son in the proper gear I'm sitting on the trap in my shorts and t shirt.

Looks good Pat. :thumbup:

Is the tree felling and wood splitting a business then? :think:

Well Ben it was as we also have a twin saw portable sawmill which we have taken out and done a few jobs.However my son is now a spouting contractor and so when I can con someone to help me,we do some mainly pine timber which are available for sale.For our own use or to order we send the milled timber done the road to be treated.I'm supposed to be retired so I work until I hurt something,wait to get better the try to commit harikari again.It's all good fun,that's why I like the landcruiser club,blokes are always doing interesting things.You are a real goer and I admire your skills.Pat

Sounds good. :thumbup:

My boss wants to get some one to come out and mill a load of fallen trees into planks for us to build with. Hes got a lot of fallen trees all piled up ready. :think:

Fancy a working holiday? :lol:

Thanks mate, always got to have a project or 2 on the go. Life gets boring otherwise! :icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Contact Lucas portable mills in Aussie and I am sure they could send some one out to price the job.Get a per cubic metre rate,then you are only paying for the good stuff.Cheers Pat

Back