Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My pride and joy

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
Now that I've figured out how to post pictures, These are pics of my second 80 series, it now has a TJM winch bumper to replace the home-made one in these pics.

Axle twister at Berkshire 4x4 show 2009
AxleTwister1.jpg

Axle twister at Berkshire 4x4 show 2009
AxleTwister2.jpg

Berkshire 4x4 show 2009
Berkshire4x42009.jpg

Car crushing at Berkshire 4x4 show 2008
CarCrusher-1.jpg

Fording at Little Britain, Iver
FordingatIver-1.jpg

Jumping for joy at Brick Kiln Farm pay and play site
Jumpingforjoy-1.jpg

The Lady bird, An early attempt at a Coraldraw design for the Cruiser
Ladybird-1.jpg

Big puddle on Salisbury Plain, photo courtesy of Jon Wildsmith
MeatSalisburyPlain-1.jpg

This was my first Cruiser as you can see it was never taken off road
MyfirstLandcruiser.jpg

the car crusher pic is awesome! Do you have the same TJM as Ian does now?

Rob said:
the car crusher pic is awesome! Do you have the same TJM as Ian does now?
Hi Rob,
I don't know which one Ian has :? so I'm not sure about the bumper, when I've got a pic of mine I will post it, yeah it was great fun driving over those cars, they had been put there for the monster truck to drive over and some bright spark said "We can do that" :shock: so never one to shirk from a challenge I had to do it. :lol:
Chas

Ian has a TJM T15 with some custom features on the green car :lol: and an ARB on the red car.

The ladybird paint job is different!

Jon Wildsmith said:
Ian has a TJM T15 with some custom features on the green car :lol: and an ARB on the red car.

The ladybird paint job is different!
I don't know which model TJM I have :?: (bought S/hand on eBay for £400, but virtually brand new ), I didn't go ahead with the paint job, it was just a moment to pass the time messing about with Corel Draw Photo Paint, I rather fancied a camoflage type of scheme (something like the type that gets used on ships, sort of blocky, black/grey/white if you know what I mean :cool: )
Chas

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You know if you do that, what do you put on your V5 document? "White - grey - blue" "DPM Camouflage" "I don't know I cant see it" "Urban dazzle" "NATO 2010"

I have fancied that myself actually.

Chris

More pics of my 80

Breakfast in Croatia
BreakfastinCroatia.jpg

A little bit muddy :lol:
Muddy-1.jpg

When it was nice and shiny :cool:
Whenitwasniceandshiny.jpg

This was either Salisbury Plain or Norh Wales, I can't remember
SomewhereinNorthWales.jpg

Green laning near Swindon, and yes, I did make it up . . . . . after a couple of attempts
Swindon-1.jpg

What happened there chas? Mechanical failure or driver failure?

The odd logo on the front of the bonnet in the first pic may have been a bit apocryphal :mrgreen:
Or maybe that was just an odd quirk of the light, reflection of the puddle etc :lol:

Rob said:
Oh yes Ian, I remember that very well.

Rob, what happened was that there was this great big hole filled with muddy Welsh water in the middle of a field halfway up a mountain which I was told someone had just driven through, so I just had to have a go :oops: , well the bottom of said hole was extremely soft and I lost all traction and came to a halt while the Cruiser slowly filled up with muddy water (it was up to the seat squabs) I was dragged out by Ian :cool: who later towed me 5k down the mountain, in the dark, with fairly severe slopes to one side, the starter had refused to play, so no engine, no power steering or brakes, it was a bit of a nightmare drive to say the least :shock: . I haven't stopped thanking Ian every time I meet him.

Cossack said:
Rob said:
Oh yes Ian, I remember that very well.

Rob, what happened was that there was this great big hole filled with muddy Welsh water in the middle of a field halfway up a mountain which I was told someone had just driven through, so I just had to have a go :oops: , well the bottom of said hole was extremely soft and I lost all traction and came to a halt while the Cruiser slowly filled up with muddy water (it was up to the seat squabs) I was dragged out by Ian :cool: who later towed me 5k down the mountain, in the dark, with fairly severe slopes to one side, the starter had refused to play, so no engine, no power steering or brakes, it was a bit of a nightmare drive to say the least :shock: . I haven't stopped thanking Ian every time I meet him.

I recall that story.

You must have been exhausted at the of that. No power steering and no brake booster. phew, bet you worked up a heck of a sweat, and burned a ton of adrenalin too.

Tricky thing water, hides all sorts of surprises.

Hi Rob,
Excellent photos!
Just a question, Whats your back window sticker say? In Swindon.
You can go fast, but I can go .............?

scubadec said:
Hi Rob,
Excellent photos!
I think you mean Chas ;)

Rob said:
scubadec said:
Hi Rob,
Excellent photos!
I think you mean Chas ;)

. . . . anywhere, or in this case NOT, but I think you knew that. :lol: :lol:
Chas

There's another cracking lane that's gone now :evil: Bit of a deceptive one that hole that needed big tyres big lift and zero mechanical sympathy when you hit the cliff face at the end :o it got a lot deeper than Ian's picture shows didn't it :lol: maybe you were told a porkie :shock:

Jon Wildsmith said:
There's another cracking lane that's gone now :evil: Bit of a deceptive one that hole that needed big tyres big lift and zero mechanical sympathy when you hit the cliff face at the end :o it got a lot deeper than Ian's picture shows didn't it :lol: maybe you were told a porkie :shock:

Is that lane closed forever? I thought it was still open but restricted to certain times of year.
I've got bigger tyres (Cooper STT's) now and a 3" lift so I might risk it again given the chance but pre install strops front and rear (although with the time taken to dry out last time I'm not _too_ sure)
I definitely was told porkies :x , Chris in a Wrangler who supposedly drove through it, told me later he had actually gone around!

Maybe I have the wrong hole :? I'm thinking of the one at about SO0842615820 which is on the lane just south of Talybont Reservoir, south of Brecon, and the camera is hiding quite a big drop off ? Lots of shake holes and bypass tracks around the deeper puddles :lol: If it's that one, very few people had the nerve to have a go at it. If you put a LR 90 in front of where your truck is, you could step from the bank onto it's roof, can't think how I know that :lol:

Jon Wildsmith said:
Maybe I have the wrong hole :? I'm thinking of the one at about SO0842615820 which is on the lane just south of Talybont Reservoir, south of Brecon, and the camera is hiding quite a big drop off ? Lots of shake holes and bypass tracks around the deeper puddles :lol: If it's that one, very few people had the nerve to have a go at it. If you put a LR 90 in front of where your truck is, you could step from the bank onto it's roof, can't think how I know that :lol:

It's no good quoting map references to me, I'm a complete ignoramus as far as maps are concerned :oops: and I had no idea where we where at the time, but that hole did have a steep climb out, it wasn't obvious that the hole got deeper further in, the water level hid it, but the way in was quite shallow and further in from where I was you could have stepped from the bank to roof :(

Back