Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My'new' HDJ81 12v manual with ff lockers.

yogi

Garage
Country Flag
ireland
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

My new to me LC, 1991 Jap import with lockers in manual.

After driving over 600km in it already, couldn't really find much wrong with it to be honest.

Needs new shocks and springs, because its sagging a little at the rear and they look their age!
Needs a set of ACL BEB's which Karl is working on for me.....
Aircon works, but I think I'll convert it to the new type of gas because who knows for how long it will work:shifty:

Will replace timing belt and water pump soon because its done nearly 90000km since the last one.

Will also probably change the rad and hoses too because it looks like the rad is about the same age as the truck so it just might be no harm.

I'll do a front axle job on it in the near future too.

Think I'll stick some form of a winch bumper on it too because I want bull bars so it might last a bit longer on farm too. I could actually use a winch for hauling timber the odd time too so it would serve a purpose.

And it needs a bloody good clean inside and underneath and then I might even rust proof it. Only bit of rust I can really find that isn't just surface is on the base of the drivers door where water seems to be collecting.

The plan is to make it into an overlander with minimal frills that can also double as a tow wagon because I'm not going to replace my current lorry as I just haven't the use for it any more.

Attachments

• IMG_1424.jpg
    IMG_1424.jpg
    554.7 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_1429.jpg
    IMG_1429.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_1427.jpg
    IMG_1427.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1430.jpg
    IMG_1430.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 170
Think I'll stick some form of a winch bumper on it too because I want bull bars so it might last a bit longer on farm too. I could actually use a winch for hauling timber the odd time too so it would serve a purpose.

The plan is to make it into an overlander

Ah Ha!.... welcome to the very, very, very slippery slope Yogi !

.... Aircon works, but I think I'll convert it to the new type of gas because who knows for how long it will work....
Mine is the old R12 gas too but works fine.... if you do a conversion to R134 make sure you let us know what you changed and where you got the bits from :thumbup:

.... Will also probably change the rad and hoses too because it looks like the rad is about the same age as the truck so it just might be no harm.
On your way home up the A5 you passed my front door by less than a mile.... there is an almost new rad here :doh:

Mine is the old R12 gas too but works fine.... if you do a conversion to R134 make sure you let us know what you changed and where you got the bits from :thumbup:

On your way home up the A5 you passed my front door by less than a mile.... there is an almost new rad here :doh:

Your not serious!! Typical!!

I'm jealous by the way, the A5 was a lovely drive, beautiful part of the world there

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks good.

Bolts will be with me tomoz and bearings in stock in the cave.

Cool, just PM me the cost and the postage and your paypal and I'll sort it out ASAP.

Nice truck Yogi! :icon-biggrin:

You'll be more pleased with a bit of a lift and you'll be glad of the lockers if it rains when you come to play in 2015...:whistle:

Back