Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Necessary 'kit' for Morocco trip

Good advice this.....although mine weighs in at about 3.5t with 2 labs and 2 hoomans! I'm going to be relying on my companions a lot I think! We hit Tangier on 19/2...... but have the scary prospect of a French (much stricter) mot next week!

Are you entering via Tangier or Tanger Med? Med is a much nicer entry point and very easy

Thought so, I know Kevs itineraries and help him out with some tours. It’ll be a decent introduction to Morocco but will leave you wanting to explore more.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I was on the ferry to tanger med when I realised I forgot the truck's papers at home..... insurance, mot, registration...

Mmm the paper work is kind of important to to get in!

Mmm the paper work is kind of important to to get in
Yes, but fortunately there were 2 types of customs present. The young and very strict type and the older and quite relax type.
Luckily I still had the prepared form from internet with all the data and when I asked the relax one if he wanted to check the truck, he only opened the fridge and asked if I had guns. Then he wanted a pen and he walked off to the office with the form. 5 mins later he returned and wished me bon voyage. ...
Almost all the others had to present all documents.....
Btw documents DHL'ed to marrakech cost 80 euros

OK - the summary! If you are a regular on this forum then pat yourself on the back - I have had many vehicles over the years and been on many forums, but landcruiserclub.net has proven to be the friendliest and most informative of all. A really special thank you to Stumog, whom I met in the week and who loaned me an air bag jack; he was a great 'real world' gent with a vast knowledge of Landcruisers and expeditions.

So, this week myself and my ex RAC mechanic friend got my 80 running, serviced, checked and tested. It is boooked in for MOT next week. After sitting in a barn for 3 years I had to use a battery guarantee for one one the two main batteries (I always write the guarantee expiry date on the batteries) and buy a new leisure battery. But the rest of the 'stuff' worked. I love the way that I can so easily raise and lower the air suspension from the ARB compressor. I love the Seagul filtration system for the onboard 60L water tank, which is so good I peed in it and drank the output - having had assurances from Seagul!

Without any intention of being commercial, there are a couple of items that may be of interest to forum members. Firstly, I am taking out a CB unit and it comprises of the unit, microphone and two antennas. If anyone wants this for free then make contact. I would post it for cost, but the length of the roof based antenna makes it prohibitive - or I can just send the unit and the mike. I've also just listed on ebay, at £80 starting price, a bespoke built roof box that holds 4x jerry cans (included), a gas container and waterproof box for other stuff. If someone one this forum wants it then please make contact and I will pull the ebay ad if I get £50. Or, if it for a charitable, sponsorship, youth, or other good cause then it is free.

Roll on the 10th Feb when I get on the Portsmouth - Bilbao ferry!!

Unless you plan on filling up out of a muddy puddle the water in Morocco is fine so no need to drink your pee

Offers still there for a chat if you need to know anything up to date on Morocco or need any help in country

Thought so, I know Kevs itineraries and help him out with some tours. It’ll be a decent introduction to Morocco but will leave you wanting to explore more.
Is that Kevin of Kevin and heike?

I would consider joining the Revolut Banking community, and taking along their card and local currency accounts. At the moment 1 GBP is 12.05 MAD and the card lets you pay in local sheckles and withdraw from ATMs. Saves carrying around Euro/usd cash and having to visit dodgy money changers. Card also has all the usual safety features in case its stolen etc.

I've about £80 worth of Moroccan Sheckles left over if anyone fancies a head start on currency. I can't see me revisiting anytime soon.

Back