Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

need help asap timing belt

ALDO

hi guys in the prosess of doing my timing belt and came across a prob :thumbdown: the bolt that goes into the cam shaft has seized also a spring on a pully has seized also any ideas how i can get round this prob michanic says might b a new engine if the bolt into the cam shaft snaps need some expert advice thanks aldo :thumbdown:

I've used Halfords Shock and Unlock Cold Spray with some good results for stubborn bolts :thumbup:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_165594

If you do manage to get it started in any way then remember to play the long game of half turn out, halff turn in, full turn out, spray of lube/shock & unlock, half turn in, full turn out etc etc etc :)

If you are quick Halfords still open :)

Good luck :thumbup:

will get some of that from halfords asap thanks willing to try anything lol

I'm no expert, but do you need to remove the cam pulley to do the belt :? I'dve thought that there is a tensioning pulley of some sort that when released will relax the tension on the belt thus alowing removal :) I would have also thought that the bolt holding the cam pulley in place will be thread locked & so will be tight till cracked :!: Maybe :think: :?:

Aldo,

You need to update you profile and signature so that we know what vehicle you have, but have found that you have a 3.4 v6, so there is no need to remove the camshaft pulley, but the crankshaft bolt and pulley have to come off.

Back