Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Need suggestions on a motor!

Ants-pantz

Hi guys.... I have a 1970 fj40 with an f engine in it... The engine is gone and the car needs a new one... I was wondering if 2f and 3f engines fit... Also what would be the cheapest option? Thanks

Have you considered a 1KZT engine? Mechanical pump of course....

Sorry, not too familiar with the other engines...

40 series pick up cruisers had the 4.0 2H diesel engine (non turbo, in line mechanical injector pump) in all the south african ones I drove, it was a very good engine.
There seem to be quite a few available from Australia, used and reconditioned.

Hi I have a fj45 pick up with 4.0 D and Fj40 with a 4.0D 2H in them and love it go with the 2H good engine let's have pics of it from Tony

My vote would be for a 12HT, arguably one of the best engines Toyota ever produced! They go forever and there virtually bomb proof! :icon-biggrin:

Ants-pantz, To answer your question Yes both of those engines should bolt up nicely. I have a 2h(turboed) in my '85 FJ45, with a 5 speed manual. These will be coming out for a 1hdt(80 series turbo engine 12valve 160hp) and a 100 series box, The beauty of these vehicles is they are like mechano sets! almost everything Toyota around that age will bolt up!!!!
Have fun!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back