Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Needing a windscreen!

Derek

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
So its a fine dry day, went to take the windscreen out to clean the seal up and put new sealant in, and straight away it develops a hair line crack where I start pushing the seal over the lip.

Im 3rd party fire and theft so I don't have windscreen cover.

Auto glass are wanting over £400
Auto glazing over £300

What are my options? Second hand? Any cheap places?

I can fit it myself, just need the glass.

£30 Derek. I'm in Derbyshire. I won't courier for obvious reasons.

For bugger sake, long way for a screen :/

Where are you Derek?
Few of us meeting up at lincomb on the 19th this month for Ben coming over from Oz. Maybe someone could get it closer to you?

Aberdeen in Scotland, probably be £300 in fuel :/

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jezz - screen's don't start me on screens.... broke my original screen (ahem wont say how as very embarrassing and VERY expensive) second screen fitted but leaked and I never thought it was fitted correctly, so asked for it to be taken out and refitted with new rubber etc.. cracked.. bugger. New one sorted on insurance, refitted, cracked - another one fitted free by glass people... yeahhh - then the corners de-laminated. Moaned - new one fitted - cracked another one ordered fitted - cracked - Glass people were getting REALLY pissed by now - (so was I) so they sent their top guy and 'his mate' - screen fitted okay all magic.... then went over to Morocco - got a bloody chip in it... and it started to crack from the chip... agrahhhh - new one required - replaced sorted on insurance (it's called getting your monies worth) - same two guys came out refitted without a problem... all been okay since.... so all in all you have my sympathy...

i was on the M1 the other day and passed a courier specializing in Mirror deliveries www.fragilistics.co.uk. They might ship the screen or i have read that ANC will take glass - not cheap but less than round trip fuel.

All down to Karl packing it nice and safely.....

Jed, no matter how well I packed a screen the idiots would bust it. Had it far to many times in the past I just refuse to send them now.

When I fitted mine I was getting uncomfortable with the amount of pressure applied to the corners - applied a smear of silicone grease around the rubbers and it just dropped it :)

Back