Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

new 70 series!

I'm still dreaming about a new double cab 70. :icon-biggrin:

I'm sure you'll be working hard once you get to that hatefully hot spider and snake ridden country Ben and will be able to afford one before you know it!

Oz always looks like a land of opportunity but I don't like heat and stuff that wants to bite you! My parents where all set to go in the fifties but the promised job fell through so they stayed in sunny! Devon

just make sure you buy the truck before houses, wife's and children absorb all your income!

From my experiences living in Melbourne and travelling round..........................

Snakes and spiders were never really an issue. I think most of the time they hear you coming and scuttle off. That said I was always cautious and always had in the back of my mind that there could be spiders and snakes around.

I'm not a huge fan of 40 degree + days, but I found it wasnt that hot for too many days per year. When I was working and we knew it was going to be that hot, we were starting early (4am) and then finishing at 11am.

I think I will put up with the few days/weeks per year when its too hot, rather than the months of cold, raining, dark, miserable weather we have here! :dance:

As for the truck......................

I really really want to buy one, brand new! :drool:

I reckon its achievable with a lot of hard work and saving. :icon-biggrin:

As for marriage and children, I'm only 26 so dont want any of that for at least another 4-5 years! :icon-cool:

I have looked in to buying a 70 series trop the GX model

I wonder why they don't sell it here in the UK

From my experiences living in Melbourne and travelling round..........................

Snakes and spiders were never really an issue. I think most of the time they hear you coming and scuttle off. That said I was always cautious and always had in the back of my mind that there could be spiders and snakes around.

I'm not a huge fan of 40 degree + days, but I found it wasnt that hot for too many days per year. When I was working and we knew it was going to be that hot, we were starting early (4am) and then finishing at 11am.

I think I will put up with the few days/weeks per year when its too hot, rather than the months of cold, raining, dark, miserable weather we have here! :dance:

As for the truck......................

I really really want to buy one, brand new! :drool:

I reckon its achievable with a lot of hard work and saving. :icon-biggrin:

As for marriage and children, I'm only 26 so dont want any of that for at least another 4-5 years! :icon-cool:

Yes ,you need to look at spiders and snakes through their eyes.It takes a huge amount of energy converting their food into toxins so they can use it to catch prey.
If they have to use it to defend themselves against enemies that they can not devour,it is a huge waste of energy.
Ive lived here all my life,never been bitten by a snake and Iv probably only ever seen 10-12 snakes and most of them were on the road tyring to get out of the way of traffic.
Spiders and other nasties are much the same,if you know where they lurk,you do not put your hand in there.
Its been 40c+ for 6-7 days now and Ive just about had enough. I hate to think about my power bill from the aircon and fans running night and day.
Still Ive been going to the beach at 7 am every day and its the best thing.

Ive been seeing a few of those dual cabs around,it looks like they will be popular with families.Quite a large vehicle lengthways.

Really looking forward to getting back over Rosco! :icon-biggrin:

That sun and hot weather is going to be so nice after the cold miserable British winter! :dance:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Really looking forward to getting back over Rosco! :icon-biggrin:

That sun and hot weather is going to be so nice after the cold miserable British winter! :dance:

Where are you going not boring old Melbourne/Sydney LOL.
Might as well stay home

Might as well stay home

i second that, so many better places to be then melbourne or shitney.

what sort of work do you do ben?

lot more higher paying jobs in qld and wa.

Already have a load of tracks organised for when you get here Ben, the latest 4wd Action has the beach guide and there are loads to legally drive on.

Might as well stay home

:lol:

Melbourne to start with. :icon-cool:

Got to live and work in Vic for the first 2 years (condition of my visa) then I'm free to go anywhere. :icon-biggrin:

i second that, so many better places to be then melbourne or shitney.

what sort of work do you do ben?

lot more higher paying jobs in qld and wa.

I'm a carpenter and have got Australian certificates. But I've also had training in MIG and ARC welding and did do all the welding and fabricating for the building company I worked for. So if I cant find carpentry work I'm going to look for metal work. :icon-smile:

I'm hoping to use my 2 years in Vic to get qualified in welding and/or machine driving as I'd like to go and work in the mines in Wa or Qld. :icon-cool:

Already have a load of tracks organised for when you get here Ben, the latest 4wd Action has the beach guide and there are loads to legally drive on.

Awesome! :dance:

Yeah my copy arrived a couple of days ago, that beach guide looks great! :icon-biggrin:

I notice theres no beaches in Vic though. :thumbdown:

I've been packing boxes all morning, just come in for some lunch. :icon-smile:

Cant wait. :dance:

101104_Esperance_443_zpsc4cfe7b7.jpg

101107_Esperance_2092main_zps70df28d0.jpg

101206WAdvd-1457_zps24dd8239.jpg

101206WAdvd-2024main_zpsb6f6f267.jpg

110523_Fraser_Touring_528main_zpsee9d191f.jpg

111116Broome-6502_zps6a5c6f34.jpg

120305FraserDVD-781_zpsd1015bb7.jpg

120520CapeYorkDAY3_0625_zps0fa58044.jpg

NorthCoastEpicTrip-1323_zps404d7d9b.jpg

NorthCoastEpicTrip-1346_zpsc9851fec.jpg

This was my last trip out when in WA, its Cape Le Grand near Esperance

Sunday18nov022.jpg

Sunday18nov007.jpg

But then we found this!

Sunday18nov034.jpg

Awesome photo's guys, it's something you would see in a magazine. Sometimes people accidently get lost in the outback.....me personally I would find every reason to get lost in the outback. The scenery is just a bonus!!

Those pics of the cruiser with ecomuse number plates are in WA on the way to Steep Point,the western most point of australian mainland
One the best trips you can do.
Ive also done those trips out the LE GRANDE national park,another great trip( I learnt to drive on that beach in the early 70s n the family car):lol:

Awesome photo's guys, it's something you would see in a magazine. Sometimes people accidently get lost in the outback.....me personally I would find every reason to get lost in the outback. The scenery is just a bonus!!

Its not so much fun when the dreaded feel of getting lost starts to sink in.

:lol:

Melbourne to start with. :icon-cool:

Got to live and work in Vic for the first 2 years (condition of my visa) then I'm free to go anywhere. :icon-biggrin:

Melbournes quite good actually ,lots to do and see.

I notice theres no beaches in Vic though. :thumbdown:

. :icon-smile:[/QUOTE]

Im think there is some up the northern coast although I never got there. There is some great spots in the mountains,try them in summer. I camped near the Howqua river once and we found a pool to swim in with platypus and kaolas in the trees overhead.

Thanks Rosco. :thumbup:

Nice article on the new 70 in the latest 4WD Action Magazine. :clap:

Really hope there still selling them in a few years when I'm hoping to be in a position to buy a brand new one. :pray:

I'm thinking gun metal grey or navy blue. :think:

P1020122_zps121d38aa.jpg

P1020123_zps1a646a91.jpg

P1020124_zps3d5fcefe.jpg

P1020125_zps8ed1c65b.jpg

Hi all, I pick up my new GLX Dual Cab on Tuesday. I'm all excited, but confused about the best way to set it up. There are so many options and everyone has their own view. My wish list is as follows: Bull bar, side rails and steps, tyres, dual battery, UHF radio, compressor, winch, and a lift kit. Does anyone have any valid suggestions for me, as this is my first Land Cruiser since the old 1974 model I first learned to drive in. I've upgraded from a Hilux and need to sell it too, if anyone is interested!! :icon-biggrin:

Welcome to the club Hitzen. :thumbup:

What do intend on using your new truck for?

I think my list would be similar to yours, but I'd also like a custom made canopy to lift on and off the back for touring/bigger trips. :icon-biggrin:

Thanks for the Welcome

Welcome to the club Hitzen. :thumbup:

What do intend on using your new truck for?

I think my list would be similar to yours, but I'd also like a custom made canopy to lift on and off the back for touring/bigger trips. :icon-biggrin:

Thanks Ben, I am a builder, so first and foremost it is my work ute. I am a camper/fisherman and beach work is really the only 4wdriving I do. Next year, we are looking to plan a trip to the Cape (Nth Qld), so I do intend to have a custom touring box made for the back. Being a dual cab, the tray is restricted to 1800mm long, so I need to plan the design well to maximise the space. I was thinking a box which popped up and the beds went over the cab. Needs to have a hard top though, as I still want to carry a car topper tinnie.

Sorry for the ramble, Just a little excited I have all this action and planning ahead. For now, truck arrives tomorrow!! :icon-biggrin:

Back