Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New 80 owner from Devon

Hi Tom, what colour is your truck, I will keep a look out for you!

Thanks Star cruiser, Its the most comfy vehicle I have ever owned I think.

I can vouch for that. 4 off 6 to 8 hr days to Romania and not really tired at all after.

Best wishes

Richard

Welcome Richard, I'm in North Devon
Funnily enough I saw an 80 similar colour parked in Barnstaple last week. was it you?

Also seen 6 Collies, 95s, last week, 2 Silver ones, and followed by a Silver one into Woolacombe during the week

Hi Stephen like your truck looks like a serious machine!

Hi Richard,

I've had my 80 for 8 years for overland travel having done 110k miles so far, it is not used as a every day trasport and this certainly helps with the fight against rust. I have had the roof removed and a pop up roof tent fitted. On the inside the rear seats have been removed and fitted out as a "camper van" including the kitchen sink. Its very snug as you can imagine but it can take you where most campers cannot reach! Being able to enter the sleeping area from the inside makes it more pleasant when its raining/snowing, though you have to be agile to crawl from the front seats, normal access is through the rear door.

Stephen

hi! im rafael from los angeles, i just got my 1991 fj80 with 4.0 inline 6 gas engine. i change my suspension to 2.0 inch lift with shocks and springs, new 33" tires, snorkel, replace headlights with quadheadlights but im in need pf a cornerlights that fits the quadheadlights. im really in need of locating the pair of cornerlights

Hi Brian, not taken her up to north Devon yet, nice part of the County but I bet the link road gets tedious!

Hi Stephen, I am keen on fitting my 80 out as a camper but my wife is not so keen! I need to keep at least the middle row of seats as part of the reason we bought it was most of our other cars are 2 seaters. I bet with 110k of overland travel you must have some great stories to tell!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
hi! im rafael from los angeles, i just got my 1991 fj80 with 4.0 inline 6 gas engine. i change my suspension to 2.0 inch lift with shocks and springs, new 33" tires, snorkel, replace headlights with quadheadlights but im in need pf a cornerlights that fits the quadheadlights. im really in need of locating the pair of cornerlights
Rafael, hi, it's great to have you but on a friendly note it's better to start your own thread on this rather than gatecrashing somebody else's. (It's considered bad form but I won't tell :) ) That way you will reach the most people and someone will be able to help I'm sure. Probably our @karl webster will have some of what you're after. Pop over to the 'introduce yourself' section when you've done that and, well, introduce yourself. We're a friendly helpful bunch on here and we like to get to know people and their trucks, get to see photos that sort of thing.

Back