Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Bumper Upgrade- Fog Light Bulb Help?

Beau

Country Flag
guyana
Hey Guys,

Recently got a second hand facelift Bumper with the fog lights but they didn't come with any bulb/bulb holders...

Since I was in a rush to swap the Bumpers over I forgot to check the Bulb fitments so am hoping someone could shed me some light, from what I can see it has three slots, I'm thinking it's H7 or something similar. Does anyone know?

IMG_3254.JPG
Also if anyone has any Bulb holders for these laying around, I would buy them off you! And yes, I know the colour is different, I'm spraying it soon!

No idea about the lights Beau but the bumper looks good - was it a straight fit ?

No idea about the lights Beau but the bumper looks good - was it a straight fit ?

Not quite Shayne....

Two Bottom Bumper brackets were a direct fit, side fit onto the wings were a slight stretch but worked fine. Only one slot for the top hole aligned up for those "pop in" clips. The sides of the bottom bumper sat lower surprisingly so the inner plastic guard didn't reach. Will have to make some sort of rubber spacer to hold it in place, but it's on solid and I think gives the truck a more modern look, so very pleased!:icon-biggrin:

Looks great, although the roof tent base looks a tad uncomfortable.....

Look nice with the later chrome grill too.

I guess you've been doing a little fencing with the feather edge and arris rail on the roof.

Look nice with the later chrome grill too.

I guess you've been doing a little fencing with the feather edge and arris rail on the roof.

Yep, whilst the weather was good I got some fencing done at a friends house.

I actually had the Chrome/Black grill, and headlights but sold them both recently as it required the two side lights to be changed in order to get everything to work. Plus being that, I'm taking her to the US, I'll need to get LHD drive lights anyway

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Did you have them angel eye headlights Beau ? i've been toying with the idea of getting some for a while but i'm dubious of the quality ?

By the way when you get the bumper painted don't forget to have the spare wheel cover done to :icon-wink:

Did you have them angel eye headlights Beau ? i've been toying with the idea of getting some for a while but i'm dubious of the quality ?

By the way when you get the bumper painted don't forget to have the spare wheel cover done to :icon-wink:

Nope, I had the facelift Clear lense headlights. But I will be looking into those angel eye headlights, I think the quality can vary depending on where you get them from. And yeah, maybe :icon-rolleyes:

Look'in good - look forward to seeing it painted up.

Didn't realise you were taking the Cruiser across the Atlantic with you.

Why?

I thought cars were generally cheaper out there and with all the LHD changes etc. I would have thought it wasn't worth the hassle?

I know people get attached to their cars and all that - if that's the case, then fair enough.

I've had it in the family for 15 years now, so it's got a lot of memories and sentimental value to it.

Secondly, I don't actually need to do any modifications to get it over there as it'll be deep under a immigration exception, lucky me! Plus it'll be a cool truck to have in the US, being a one off model :dance:

Also cars aren't that cheap, especially 4x4's and trucks. A 2002 Toyota landcruiser amazon will fetch over $20,000 there easily. European cars can be twice there value as well, despise of how old they are. On the flip side, you can pick up old American cars for around $2000 with a million miles on the clock.

Either way, I know once I get there I'll have a reliable cool truck to start me off with instead of looking for cars ect.

Beau, the fog lights actually use a bulb with a built in holder, the loom plugs into the back of this.

I think its a HB7

Back