Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Matthew73

Country Flag
uk
Morning Land Cruiser members , I’m Matthew, I live in Greater London ( Bromley) I am in the market for a Toyota Land Cruiser 1990-1996 80 series, 4.2 litre diesel, manual.
I have recently put an offer in for one.
I went and had a look at it, what can I say 30 year old vehicle need so much work to be done to her and that is excluding cosmetics. e.g complete new breaks, wheel bearings, pipes, drums etc.
all 4 springs and Leafs, suspension are rusted . There is rust but the chassis seems to be fine. Gear box, diff’s, sump, breaks all leaking movement on the prop shaft
the engine sounds sweet, but who knows. I have no idea about the electrics.
I am not a mechanic but I can tinker . Where is the best places for parts, any car breaker out there that have Land Cruiser?
any suggestions will be very welcome.
Thank you.

Hi Matthew

Have you bought this one? I just bought a BJ40 and the guy I got it from has a good running Amazon, X reg, silver manual diesel. He used it for years, it runs well and it could be cheap. Let me know if you’re interested. The Amazon is in South London, near Epsom.

Hi Slimlavud

i haven’t found a vehicle yet, I am still looking.
If the guy still has the vehicle I would like to get in contact with him and arrange a viewing if possible.

Just My opinion having driven a 100 series Amazon manual and having an auto version the manual is hard work compared the latter. They are a pain in traffic unless that really is your bag.

Hi Matthew, the Amazon is at Autofficina garage in Ewell, call 020 8391 0002 and ask for Elias, pronounced Elly-ass, he owns the garage, very good man and straight as a die. Tell him I sent you, he will look after you.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Re Auto/Manual, remember you have more torque at the wheels with an auto, because of the torque converter. And the toyota autoboxes are very durable.

Back