Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New to Forum

Jean Paul

Country Flag
united_states
Good day all,

My son and I recently purchased an LJ71 "Bundera" and cannot wait to start the restoration. Well, more than a restoration, it will be body work as rust is showing in the typical areas, and of course a new suspension kit. The Bundera will be my son's first vehicule.

Year 1987
Model LJ71 Bundera
Enigne 2L-T
200.000 km
In Miami FLorida

Jean&Paul

Welcome to the Forum Jean and Paul. Good luck with your Bundera and lets have some photos. :thumbup:

Here are some pictures, the idea is to paint it all white with strategic placed zebra/safari stipes put in.

I am so happy that Paul wants this as his first car, I mean, 4 cal Turbo diesel, stick shift, no A/C (trust me, in Miami, no a/c can be seen as torture) and I will replace the rear bench sea for just a bucket seat , none of his friends will want to ride with him!

A full Dobinson suspension system is ready to go on very soon! I am also going to go with a new wheel/tire combo of 255-85/16. I like the so called "pizza cutter" look.
bundera.jpg
IMG_3713.PNG
IMG_3715.PNG
DSC_0799.JPG

Looks in pretty good shape before you start JP :thumbup:

looking forward to to some build photos...

Welcome to the forum, BTW :icon-biggrin:

Son's first car or dads new toy :lol: don't argue with me boy like it or not your having a winch fitted just in case :laughing-rolling:

Welcome along J&P :thumbup:

Welcome to the club. :thumbup:

Nice 70! :clap:

I've got the same suspension on mine and I've been really pleased with it. :icon-biggrin:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome ......like the colour .....looks like a nice clean example ;)

Thanks for sharing

Son's first car or dads new toy :lol: don't argue with me boy like it or not your having a winch fitted just in case :laughing-rolling:

Welcome along J&P :thumbup:

Shayne,

It did start as my toy, but after I taught Paul how to drive in it, he just fell in love with the 70. Which of course works out fine with me, as I will be looking for a FJ60 for me... :)

There is also a winch waiting to be installed, but it will go on after the body work is done. I am looking for a reputable body shop in Miami, one that will do good rust repair without charging an arm and a leg. I am currently hunting for a repair manual. I was looking to get all new weather stripping for all the glass and doors in Venezuela, as I have relatives down there, but this will not be possible for a while due to the current socio-political situation. If anyone can point me in the right direction for the repair manual, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

What a beautiful ride Jean, congrats to you and your son. Such wonderful first vehicle, lucky son!

Back