Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New toy

warrenpfo

It arrived today:
6648301785_1522e03700_b.jpg

6648303157_a1874f287b_b.jpg

As soon as i know how to work it i plan on offering a very cheap diagnostics service to help re-coup some of the cost.

Seems to say toyota on it, is this a genuine toyota tool?

Yep it is, and having just plugged it in...i have alot to learn.

Can anyone help me with System selection?

On plugging in the tool I tell it to Auto select and it then prompts me to select a "system" and i have the following options:

0108-0208
0208-0408
0408-

I am not sure quite what is means. I thought maybe year of manafacture but cant see that being right and then i thought it might have something to do with ecu system.

Can anyone shead any further light for me?

Thanks

looks like manufacturing date ranges, year first then month.

Thanks Jon i think you are correct, i was just readingit the wrong way. Its quite an impressive bit of kit, ill post pictures and a vid of what i have learnt so far...just uploading

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It will pull a code off any toyota from 2000 onwards so it says.

Here is a little of what I did with it today and tomorrow I plan on working out how to adjust the sensativity of my wipers and get all windows to close on double locking the car. I managed to stop my steering column now from tilting and going in when i remove the key but still able to adjust it which is great.
th_IMG_0262.jpg

and another thing it can do is code keys I have found out.

So how much do one of these things cost?

Rob it depends on where you get it from. They range between £700ish seconf hand to well over £1k. you need to make sure its a genuine item and not a chinese knockoff as well as having the latest software updates.

The reason i gotit was that i had a code come up and wanted to be able to know what was wrong as well as having another toyota in the family it made sense for not to have to pay toyota £250 eachtime i wanted them to put the car on the computer and now next time i buy a toiyota i can give it the best once over and will not get any supprises.

Back