Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Troopy 78 Owner

JB186

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi all, i have just purchased a Troopy HZJ78 camper conversion, which was imported from Australia in 2006. It has a camper conversion from Bonetti with winch, air lock diffs to front and rear. The previous owner has also fitted a turbo booster kit.

Looking to make contact with any Troopy owners out there in the UK to find advice for any mods, kit, etc.

I have just bought the vehicle, is there any advise on insurers - NFU wouldn't underwrite the vehicle as it was an import - suggestions o any other brokers that members have used?

IMG_0773.jpg

Regards

John

hi John and welcome
there are a few UK owners of Troopies but it is a small gang!
I have mine insured with NFU - no issue at all.
best

Hi Bmonck,

I got an initial quote with NFU and a couple of questions on modifications, once I confirmed the vehicle had a turbo boost they confirmed the underwriters wouldn't offer insurance because of the modifications and being an import.

So I'm back to looking at alternatives....

I will be looking for any supplier lists for the troopy in the UK. Any recommendations for suppliers would be helpful.

John

Nice truck!

Try Adrian Flux - they have a very mixed reputation (we've had no issue with them at all, others have had bad service or felt ripped off through early cancellation fees), but they do tend to cover pretty much any vehicle - I've had modified vehicles, rally cars and race bikes insured with them over the years, including my current self-built 4x4 campervan. Worth giving them a call at least.

Back