Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New user from Sweden.

cHRNO

Country Flag
sweden
Hello all,

Have been a keen reader on here for a few years and finally found the car I have been looking for.
A LC 105.

Car has been engine swapped for a LC80 1HD-T and has a few bits and pieces over the years.
I myself have a lot of plans for it starting with sorting all the paint work to keep it from dying on the Swedish winter roads with tons of salt and sharp gravel.

Will probably ask about a thousand questions starting straight after this post but for now I just want to say hello.

Welcome. That sounds like a promising setup. Any photos?

I occasionally have a trawl on blocket.se - you get some interesting Cruisers over there.

Cheers mate!

I have one at the moment but more to come.

Blocket can have some real steals some time for sure!

AR7I2280.jpg

That's a very smart looking 105 cHRNO, welcome aboard BTW... :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice truck cHRONO, looking forward to reading of your progress with it

Welcome aboard cHRNO, that’s a tidy looking 105 and with a 1HD-T it sounds like it’s got a good engine too.

I have a question for you on the paint protection. What do you guys do in Sweden to protect from the salt and the gravel?

Welcome to cruiser ownership.

Best wishes
Rich

Thanks all of you guys! As with the Uk Mazda Rotary club you Britts (And all of you others being here on the Brittish forum) really know how to welcome a new guy!

Rich: There are some things that are more or less standard procedure including underbody painting and the likes.

As for paintjobs and broken windscreens, that is becoming a huge problem since the government decided to change size and shape of the gravel they use to sand the roads. The salt really comes down to how well your car has been painted but if you don't fix any damages that has gone through the paint it's a really quick process of the car becoming rusty.

My plan is to fix the paint job, and then vinyl wrap the car in the same color.. This should give it some extra protection both off-road and while being blasted by my fellow drivers on regular roads.

Back