Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

newbie here with busted 1hdft -HELP

Leaving the fan running 'permanently' is a good call IMO. Yes, in theory, it may rob some power but on a big engine like the 1H it will be barely noticeable, the biggest issue being increased warm up time from cold starts in cold weather/climates. The OE OP sender can be opened up (carefully) and adjusted but you really need an external calibrated gauge to see what the true OP is.

Fixed that problem with a remote start. (Lazy yes) but when we get called out at night it gives it a bit of warm up time whilst i kit up and wake up. I dont like running any vechicle from cold. Old school yes but i know i like a bit of wake up time in the morning. even if its only 3 minutes

So here's a update some time later. Viscous fan still running like a helicopter. engine cool power up and stable with no hiccups or burps. regular maintenance with oil at 5k intervals. now the power steering pump is starting to bleed bit not sure if I need to replace just the seal or the shaft as well. I love the 24v 80s they are sweet to drive but open her to 20psi, drop her down to 4L and she is just a nasty monster all pull no grace, she growels and grunts but does the job. Managed to even straighten a tow point last weekend. No just need to look as a new set of wheels for her now. decisions decision's

Unsure of your weather where you are but fitting a pusher pump may render the fuel heater useless, if you do not have one or do not have cold winters then forget I mentioned it.

regards

Dave

Back