Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Newbie member - BJ 42LX

Dayn Wilkins

Hi all

Bought a BJ42 LX a couple of months back from forum vet Spackrackman (Cheers Jonnie) and just got round to signing up here.

Still can't take my eyes off it, but so far all I've done is polish it and fit a new Speedo cable.

When I recover from the outlay (and my wife has calmed down a bit) planning on doing some work to sort out some bits of rust here and there, new battery, new clutch cylinder (started leaking), new set of tyres etc. I was originally on the look out for a rebuild project, but this one is just too nice to mess with. I kind of like the shabby bits and it seems a shame to start ripping apart, so just planning on improving it bit-by-bit and keeping it running.

Anyone else in the UK got an LX like this with the stripy seats and three wiper blades etc?

I don't think the go-faster stripes are original, but they kind of work and it would need some respraying if I took them off cos the paint's darker underneath.

Other than that and the wheels, it's seems original. Would love to know more about its history if anyone has come across it before.

Cheers

bj42lx.jpg

Welcome to the club Dayn. :icon-smile:

Ive always loved 40's and youve got a nice one there. :clap:

The pic below was taken at the annual club event at Lincomb, Jonnie towed his camper trailer there with it. :icon-cool:

IMG_3352.jpg

Hi and welcome good looking 40 I have seen it on the road by Ashbourne From tonytoyota

Cheers Ben. Nice Pic for the collection. I have a gallery on Flickr, but can't post a link to it until I've done a few more posts.

I've seen Jonnie's trailer and it'is a fine piece of kit! Think he was torn between selling the 40 and that.

Hoping to go to Lincomb next May.

Now I know who I lost out to on eBay! Can I say I hate you :lol:

Well done on getting this 40, hope you have many years of good fun in it. :clap:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That looks in excellent condition.

Well done for buying her, and thanks for posting more pictures.

Gra.

Cheers TonyP. Wish I could say I was sorry :)

Hope you find another one. Wish I had 15k spare to buy the Dutch one on eBay with 22k on the clock.

Dayn

Cheers Graham. She does have some painted over rot around the back door and on the bib, but the rest is really solid. Amazing for a 28 year old bird. Good advert for Aussie imports. D

Welcome I've got a BJ41 they're so rare over here that most of us will have unique variants

Hi Hiluxonian. Yep I guess so. BJ41s must be ultra-rare. Saw a BJ43 for sale on French ebay recently. Gone now though.

Back