Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Big Bertha's mum

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi guys

First time owner of a Landscuiser. We bought her about 20 months ago shes a 1996, 3.0 diesel Prado and I love her. Is there anything we should look out for as she has nearly done 200k now normally I'm a RRC girl but I have to say I think i made the right choice going for this and not a Discovery needed a 4x4 as having horses needed something to use on the fields etc. Has had timing done, gearbox oil changed , new front coil springs, new battery, new alternator, serviced needs a few bits and bobs doing but in no rush as plan to keep her for a while

Well if it's a Prado, then it's most likely an import in which case the chassis is most likely to be in much better condition than the majority of UK native Colorados. Well worth having that sprayed with something to keep it nice and rust free. If it's not rust free then there's a longer conversation that we'd need to have with you.

If it's an auto then worth considering a new radiator as the cooling system for the autobox shares the bottom of the engine rad and they can fail leading to some fairly terminal effects on the transmission. If not terminal then costly.

Back