Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

newby looking for 120 landcruiser

scotty 77

hi folks, been lurking about on the forum for the past few months, thats me just got round to regestering

im on the look out for a 120, i have put a deposit down on a caravan, so need it for towing.

looking at around the 10k mark, would like lc4 or 5

i have a very nice lexus is 250 that i am trying to sell, but if someone fancies a swap plus cash we could come to some agreement

should maybe have posted this in the wanted section

cheers scotty

£10k for a 120 will mean big miles. Nothing fundamentally wrong with that of course as these motors are happy with big miles if they've been serviced regularly. Someone with a lot more knowledge will be along soon I'm sure. :icon-biggrin:

Wow. Was wondering if I'd get much more that £10k for mine at 55k miles. Guess I might if I restore it to close to original.

If I were to consider selling, of course, which I'm not - yet

:lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My 53 120 with 110k on the clock went for 9.5k (IIRC) to dealer, book price was 8.5K I think. I would think by now you would get a few 120 LC4 for 10k. If it is a pre-2006 then make sure the injector issues have been checked and sorted. Could be very costly.

So I wonder what mine is worth with 245xxx miles on the clock.

June 2005, LC3.

And still lugging the twin axle caravan all over Europe as we speak

If I do sell it, I would look for a 100 series.

Gra.

Hi,

I've been looking for a reasonable condition 2005 - 2008 LC, pretty much everything out there seems to be either shot to hell, ill maintained or seriously overpriced. on one hand, thats a great sign of the state and setup of the owners that they are not letting go of their motors unless they really need to - on the other hand, its harder for the rest of us to get into the club ( we have a little nissan x-trail and a ford focus at the moment! cant wait to get rid of both of them and rebase over to a LC ).

at the moment, anything with less than 50k miles on the clock is >= 17k, in a good condition and a bit of a service history. Or <=11k with doggy history or crazy sounds when driven.

-GoK

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I would not be worried about mileage. Less than 50k is practically brand new. High mileage and well maintained would be fine.
I sold mine with 110k on the clock. It did not use a drop of oil between services (9-10k between service)

I've seen a petrol 95 series LandCruiser (VZN95) with 400,000+ km on them over here, and just did a search for 120 series Prado's and found a couple with 300,000km + (180,000miles)

Diesels
Petrols

In all honsety I'd worry less about miles and more about condition with a Land Cruiser. Crsipin's right on what to look for, and we've applied the same rule with our 4Runner here in Aus - we've got all the history (including the purchase reciept at a couple of years old) going back to 40,000km and it now has 256,000km on it, and the original service wallets and handbook (and 2 keys!)

Every one knows my 120 series is a real mile muncher.
250,000 and counting.
Currently just south of Bergerac, with our twin axle caravan in tow, heading for South of Spain for a couple of months, steady, day by day.

So, if the service history adds up, they generally just keep on running.

Gra.

My 53 120 with 110k on the clock went for 9.5k (IIRC) to dealer, book price was 8.5K I think. I would think by now you would get a few 120 LC4 for 10k. If it is a pre-2006 then make sure the injector issues have been checked and sorted. Could be very costly.

Is this a re call on the injectors, i'm just about to buy a 55 plate 3.0TDi D4D LC3

Your best bet is to check the VIN with Toyota. It's the only sure way. 2005 was when they started to fix the problem but not sure when.

Thanks for the reply, i'll give my local dealer a call and see what they say.

I just called the last dealer in the service book and the injector
re call has been done by them, something about new seals fitted, they
also did an oil and filter change at the same time so that's good news and
a new oil strainer

Last edited:
If you have to carry 4 adults there is no beating a land cruiser, that said, if i was doing it all again, I would look long and hard a younger lower mileage hi-lux for the same money. Unless you are doing serious extreme off roading you will struggle to much difference between the two when fully loaded.

Back