Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Nice read

warrenpfo

7091062465_27c75da061_b.jpg

6944996948_039444ec7f_b.jpg

Fair play - gotta admire anyone that has the balls to go about a project like that! :cool: :clap:

A question to the "Engineers" amongst you.......What are the pros and cons of having that 3rd axle - I would have thought it limited the LC's flexibility, especially off-tarmac? If it was due to the extra weight, would it be better (or worse) to fit a 4 wheel axle?

Though, I'm probably missing something.....as usual! :roll: ;)

chadr said:
Fair play - gotta admire anyone that has the balls to go about a project like that! :cool: :clap:

A question to the "Engineers" amongst you.......What are the pros and cons of having that 3rd axle - I would have thought it limited the LC's flexibility, especially off-tarmac? ;)

It does lose a bit of articulation offroad,but on road they are ok. If you need the length ,its either step up to a larger vehicle or convert what you have.
They've been doing these conversions in australia for 30 years,some are better than others.
There is one type that converts back to a 4 wheeler in 1hr.
There are also true 6wd versions. Others have had hydraulic motors added to a 3rd diff running off a pump on the PTO.This is activated when the going gets tough and a high top speed is not necessary.

One company that does the conversions
http://www.multidrive.com.au/

Back