Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Straw poll - is Partsouq or Amayama better/more reliable?

Bmonck

Supporter
Country Flag
england
Hi
just sourcing some parts and wanted to get a quick read out of your experiences with these two suppliers.
Their prices are pretty similar.
But is one clearly better than the other on actually delivering the goods?
thanks

I have made four or five purchases from Amayama over the last ten years. The goods arrived in about three weeks each time as promised whether from UAE or Japan. On one order of nearly £200 the stuff was retained by Royal Mail until I paid the import duty (about 15% I think) which was annoying but worked OK. The other orders were all less than £50 and came straight through. I've never had to return anything but imagine that could be a challenge.

I've not used Part Souq but on a recent hunt for parts I noticed they returned "out of stock" much more than Amayama.

Awaiting a hard to find, genuine handed pair of battery carriers anywhere.
Amayama, didn't have both in UAE, so they sourced the other from Japan, and are sending as 1 order.

Two weeks ago I needed a seal kit for my steering box that was leaking « Niagara Style »! Went to the dealer here in Ecuador and they told me to wait 3 months for delivery. Thanks but no thanks… So I went on Partsouk and I received the same OEM kit in 8 days for half price. I got it delivered by DHL and for me everything went well and transparent both from Partsouk and DHL. So from now on the dealer will be good to give me the right part number if in doubt, and Partsouq will do the rest.
Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Can't speak for Partsouq but I've used Amayama several times with 100% satisfaction and reliability.
I still run the Toyota EPC on an old W7 laptop which is great for part numbers and diagrams.:thumbup:

Off topic re. original question asked, I've also just used Euro 4x4 parts recently that Partsouq or Amayama couldn't supply.
Genuine parts that came PDQ from very helpful people in France and Spain.

Last edited:
Both are reliable - certainly been my experience. For me, the key difference between the two is shipping/speed, parts availability and flexibility at check out.

Shipping: Partsouq typically ship DHL and there shipping quote is reasonable for most small items (Anayama was more expensive for express shipping in my limited experience). Anayama can ship express or surface mail. So I use Anayama and the cheap option of surface mail, when the DHL quote becomes more than the value of parts.

Availability: Partsouq won't wait around for parts to come back into stock - either its available or not (so you might have selected the last gasket in stock - only to find its not available, and the order is amended and sent without!). Anayama do offer a more relaxed pace - you'll get asked whether you want to hang around for a month to see whether parts come back into stock etc.

Flexibility: Parsouq won't allow you to add parts to the order, once submitted. Anayama do give an option of adding parts to the order.

I've had very good experience with Amayama. You can even ask questions in the chat for your car model. They are very helpful.

Off topic re. original question asked, I've also just used Euro 4x4 parts recently that Partsouq or Amayama couldn't supply.
Genuine parts that came PDQ from very helpful people in France and Spain.
Same. Euro4x4 has excellent service, and can dig out parts which are otherwise difficult to obtain. I've been dealing with one Micky.

Yep, I dealt with Micky too uHu, for order and payment ( several options), couldn't have been more helpful, and always gets back to you very quick with answers and updates.
The warehouse team packs well and dispatches smartly.

Last edited:
I regularly use Partsouq, only time I've had what could be considered an issue was my order was delayed for Eid. Usually orders are really quickly delivered to UK 3-4 days for me.

Used both several times, for myself and others. Never had a problem

Back