Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

No 4th or 5th gear

24carrot

Hi my 100 5 speed gearbox will not go in to 4or 5 gear please help

yeah its a 5 speed Auto and will not go out of 3rd, had a similar problem last year when it wouldnt go into 5th
disconected the battery and away to go
this time have done that and nothing has changed, no codes showing up on no matter what machine we plug in, very frustrating and dont know which way to turn.
can buy a 2nd hand box from 80 Breaker for about 1200 or a 1080 plus shipping from Nayab or about 3k to get mine over hauled although someone has mentioned a temp sensor, 1 does 1 to 3 the other does 4 and 5
gonna drop the oil and check it before go any further

I had a similar problem a few years ago but I only lost 5th and with no warning at all. Eventually I found it was one of the temp sensors in the box, as far as I can remember one is for the high temp warning light and the other prevents the box changing into 5th until the fluid is up to a pre set temperature.
The two sensors are integral with the loom in the box together with the plugs for the solenoids, I can dig out the part number if you decide to change it.
It’s a straightforward job but there’s still a fair amount of fluid in the pan once you’ve drained it so take it easy as you release it!

Back