Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

none starter

Have you actually measured the current drain with an multimeter/ammeter? It must be quite large to drain good batteries to a non-start condition overnight. If you pull all the fuses and the drain is still there try disconnecting the alternator and see if it changes.

Your 12 valve engine has glowplugs instead of the intake heater with the troublesome relay on the 24 valve models but a similar problem with the glowplug relay (not known for giving trouble) could give similar symptoms.

ok work this one out. last sunday morning she would not start, i jumped her and it was no problem so i went back to the lighting problem. i took out the relay and ive ran about all week with just the side lights on and every time she has started no problem, got home from work today and set about rewiring the scortched wires to the headlight relay, put it all back together, job done.........

relay tested ok

12.28 volts on both batteries and green indicators lit, with engine off

wiring all secure

turned the key

none starter!!!!!!

for sale lc 80, slight fault but could be easy fix for someone........

ANyone good with auto electrics nearby that can help this man in distress find the short / fault??

f*****g sick! jumped the car this afternoon let it run went out for a drive, just been out now wont start again! :cry: :oops: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back