Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Not going so good.

Hope you can see what you need to.
IMG_3131.jpg
IMG_3132.jpg

Since talking to other people about my truck and more than one have said about the sensor on the pump, front top with the wire.

That sensor does the normal gearing changes / over drive cut in and out from my experience on top with the wire.

Its worth checking the gearbox cable whist the vehicle turned off at standstill to see if its moving. Mine seized up and stop working at one point. Theres plenty of manual adjustments that can be made all over that area but you really need to know what your doing once your isolate the issue remembering to make one change at a time then testing.

I marked up my TPS with some white paint then made adjustments then keep trying up the road, you can always revert back to exactly how it was is no difference is felt

Various 185.jpg

You have the A442F gearbox

The little wire that looks like a bicycle brake cable which goes into the red is what Chris et al is talking about.

E62C953A-C384-42E0-96D2-2A7691C635AB.jpeg

Grasp it where it is arrowed and pull it gently away from where it disappears down the tube with the red end. It should move freely but spring back under a little tension. It shouldn’t be sluggish or feel like it doesn’t want to move in either direction. It looks ok from the photo but you need to give it a pull.

The black pancake with electrical wires coming out of it is your throttle position sensor. Unless it’s been moved or has something broken within or about it then it probably isn’t your problem. Problems with the electrical side of these tend to cause the overdrive light on the dash to flash. If this happens there is a very simple process to find out what the system thinks is wrong.

Sorry to ask this again but when you checked the oil did you follow the procedure?

Best to do it with the box fluid hot. Cycle through all gears with the engine running then dip the box. Once it’s hot read off on the ‘hot’ mark (Best) or if cold read off on the cold mark. The thing is, it could be getting warm so could skew a cold reading hence best to do it when the gearbox is hot.

Another test to do is does your gearbox stay in the gear selected, ie in 1, first gear, 2, first and then second, and does the overdrive turn off and back in again? Does reverse work correctly.

If you can post the answers to all the above with accuracy it will go a long way to help others on here help you.

Keep going Kiera, you’re doing great.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
there is a good .pdf in the download section for troubleshooting the A442F, being the full electronic shift version the cable pictured adjusts the line pressure (firmness of shifts) as your towing a van you will want it to shift without slipping. The shift points as others have said is controlled by the TPS on the IP, do very slight moves fiddling with that, and mark it first with a fine pen

on another note, interesting, your UK compliance plate shows the rated CVM

That cable distance to the red cap from the little crimp is massively out of spec. it should be only about 1mm

Back