Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Not good!!

I'm glad I never made the effort to go and see it then.

Sorry you wasted your time.

Nowadays there is only a slim chance of getting an immaculate 80 as they are old and usually have been worked from new with little regard for the longevity of the bodywork as the first/second owners would treat them as a disposable item.
Pleased for you Warren if yours is well above average. It wasn't a waste of time, I just had to look and satisfy myself.

Andy

Just read it, the eternal optimist :lol:

I'll be satisfied with the old nail I bought a couple of weeks ago for now. (pics to follow)

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
And from the pictures, you'd be forgiven for thinking it was very very good indeed. Well at least you had a day out Andy.

That ad for the blue one is just weird. Eh? Optimistic, yes, but just plain unnecessary too.

im not sure how this guy plans to sell his car if its advertised like this but maybe it means it will pass by and you could get a deal. its absolute top dollar if not way over and he seems the sort of guy that does not want to hear of offers but you never know.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-la...icle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item4ad21bfcd9

This clever so and so thinks he is going to sell a £12k car and pay eBay for a 99p advert. in some peoples eyes clever, in my opinion just fraudulent

Andy.

Am I missing something - thats an ad for a switch?

Pete

Yes and if he sells it, that's all he'll pay to e-bay. So he's lucky that in the advert you can see an 80 series which he might also sell when you turn up to collect the switch. But that of course wouldn't be anything to do with e-bay. Which would be a stroke of luck. For him.

This clever so and so thinks he is going to sell a £12k car and pay eBay for a 99p advert. in some peoples eyes clever, in my opinion just fraudulent

Andy.

Sorry Andy but my opinion is that eBay are the biggest scammers out there. They own PayPal and can charge whatever fees they want. People used to start a listing at 99p then put the postage at the amount they would take. eBay now charge final valuation fee on the postage as well.

I think fair play to anyone getting a little back from using eBay. My fees would pay some people's mortgage a month.

I understand eBay/PayPal are a business but day light robbery isn't the fair way. JMO

Am I missing something - thats an ad for a switch?

Pete
He has made revisions.

The seller has revised the following item information:
Date Time Revised Information
16-Mar-1411:51:19 GMTPictureURL: Pictures Added/Deleted
Description

16-Mar-1418:13:35 GMTDescription

17-Mar-1409:09:34 GMTTitle
Description

17-Mar-1409:14:53 GMTTitle
PictureURL: Pictures Added/Deleted
Item Location
Description

17-Mar-1409:16:10 GMTTitle
Description

Gra

Sorry Andy but my opinion is that eBay are the biggest scammers out there. They own PayPal and can charge whatever fees they want. People used to start a listing at 99p then put the postage at the amount they would take. eBay now charge final valuation fee on the postage as well.

I think fair play to anyone getting a little back from using eBay. My fees would pay some people's mortgage a month.

I understand eBay/PayPal are a business but day light robbery isn't the fair way. JMO

I completely agree....

Recently I sold something on ebay for a value of €680.00.
ebay's fees were €97.00
paypal's fees were €26.00

....leaving me with €557.00 from an item that sold for €680.00.

Bit late joining in this thread that appears to have gone off in tangents so:-

White Welsh 80 - yes it photographed really well so surprised to see (with only 150+k on clock) it was a crap one. It did not sell at £5,100.00 according to ebay! Thanks to ACGL for looking and reporting back.

Ebay/ Paypal costs - I agree that they take their pound of flesh but how on earth did we sell stuff in the good old days? Ad in local paper or in Post office window. Remember on sales you are only paying the "painful" part of the fees upon an actual sale, the listings are pennies. I have off-loaded all sorts of crap (I mean pre-loved assets) to people all over the world.

So me and my fellow Ebay shareholders think you are being very mean.

Ebay/ Paypal costs - I agree that they take their pound of flesh. I have off-loaded all sorts of crap (I mean pre-loved assets) to people all over the world.

So me and my fellow Ebay shareholders think you are being very mean.

The thing I object to most strongly is eBays insistence on sellers having to accept PayPal payments, that way they get their pound of flesh twice. I try to avoid that by politely asking buyers to send a cheque, not many do though.
I too have off-loaded crap, believe it or not but I once sold a second hand jiffy bag with a surprise gift inside, the gift was a pair of 'stainless steel' :think: cufflinks I got from a Christmas cracker, it got 5 bids and sold for £2:35. :icon-biggrin:

im not sure how this guy plans to sell his car if its advertised like this but maybe it means it will pass by and you could get a deal. its absolute top dollar if not way over and he seems the sort of guy that does not want to hear of offers but you never know.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-la...icle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item4ad21bfcd9

just had a little fun.
The guy who was selling the 13k truck has just given me a list of parts he needs through eBay messages. His name rang a bell and I put two and two together.
He said if my prices were realistic he would buy.
All my prices were scandalous.And he said he knows what these parts are worth. My reply was 'Your trucks worth 13k yet the parts that make it up are worth nothing' hmmmmmmm Ye ok :clap:

Fantastic, you de man Karl. Yea sort me out all the parts to build a great truck from scratch please Karl. How much you say????

Gotta love em Chris.
He maybe a guy we see a little of on eBay if he has a few. Looking at his feedback (16) 14 of those where off big sellers. I think he maybe a scam seller/buyer

After my little excursion on sunday where I towed a trailer for 602 miles to collect 5 tyres and have a coffee with Stu. Thinking I would be bringing a good Cruiser back from Wales I used this setup:-

IMG_0629_zps9f9e7dda.jpg

Filled it up this morning.
163 litres for that little jaunt. 16.7 MPG which would have been less if I had had the truck on the back.

Oh well, win some loose some :icon-biggrin:

Andy

Back